Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Beginning of October Hodgepodge

1. Hey, it's October...what's one fun thing on your October calendar? We have lots of fun stuff in October. I just got back from a Staff Retreat where we had fun. We are headed out of the country soon for a wonderful trip. We will have a Halloween party with our young adults on the last Tuesday of the month.

2. Thursday is National Poetry Day (first Thursday in October)...do you like to read poetry? If so, what's a favorite poem, or whose poetry do you especially enjoy? I do not like poetry very much. I have always had a hard time understanding it. During my two American Lit classes, there were a few I sort of enjoyed.

3. Tell us about something you've seen recently that could be described as 'poetry in motion'. I haven't seen it recently, but when I have seen a deer running across a field, I think that is definitely poetry in motion.

4. What's one song on your autumn playlist? Do you have an autumn playlist? If not, pretend you do. If yes, then feel free to share more than one. We listened to some music by Sarah Groves and by Lauren Daigle while on retreat. Those are set on replay in my head right now.

5. Share a quote that inspires you this time of year especially. 

photo cred - google

6. Insert your own random thought here. I can't believe it is October.


2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed that quote from Anne of Green Gables. Your retreat sounded like a good time away. Excited to hear about your upcoming trip! Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that you have upcoming travel. I was musing on NOT having much coming up because we may waylay a planned weekend getaway with the kids. I could use something though, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete