Monday, October 7, 2024

Not so much happening this weekend!

Mark went to the farm and stayed over on Thursday night and after work I went to have my eyebrows threaded and to get a pedicure. While I was doing those things, Lynn came to clean our house. Having someone clean our house every few weeks is such a luxury. I LOVE coming home to a clean house. I was tired and didn't want to mess up the kitchen so I swung by The Bluff Park Diner and ordered a four veggie plate. I actually went in and sat down and ate in the restaurant! After eating my yummy dinner, I came home and started working on my homework that is due while we will be out of the country. I ordered groceries before I went to bed.



Brandon delivered the groceries on Friday morning. I had the brilliant idea to watch our duvet cover, pillowshams, etc. When we are getting ready for a long trip, I have this ridiculous need to make sure everything is clean!!

I kept working on homework and then met three good friends for lunch. I love those friends!! We try to go to lunch once a month and I had to miss the last two lunches. Do you have Ashley Mac's where you live? The food is always yummy.

I had to pick up a few things for the trip after lunch and then headed home . . .to iron those linens and put them back on our bed.

Saturday morning I stripped the rest of the bed (sheets and blankets) and washed all of those. I started dragging clothes out of the closet and started packing my suitcase. I do not understand how people can pack for 12 days and get everything in a carry on.

I gathered and ironed and packed on and off all day.

Auburn played football and lost again but the most amazing thing happened -- Vanderbilt beat Alabama!!

We picked up our good friends who live across the street - Lu and Dave - and headed to Casual Pint for dinner.

Lu and I both had the seasonal salad -- blackberries and feta and chicken - yummy!!



Our drinks were colorful!!


We drove through the neighborhood to check out the new decorations in someone's yard. This pumpkin is MASSIVE!


I worked on Sunday morning and taught Sunday School. We got together with Mark's siblings and families for Sunday lunch. George smoked a brisket and it was amazing. I made deviled eggs and Mark picked up rolls at Edgar's. We had salad and green beans and broccoli and mashed potatoes. Mark's sister even made a pound cake.

We came home and finished packing and did more laundry and watched TV!

What did you do this weekend?




5 comments:

  1. I got an eyebrow wax and pedi this week too! It had been A WHILE. That pumpkin is huge! I would buy one that big but I feel like I shouldn't spend that much, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never go with just a carry on. I always have one check in and one carry on. Can't remember where you said you are going but have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a carry on only traveler either. I had the world's biggest suitcase for our two week trip. Someone in an elevator even commented on the size lol. But hubs took a smaller bag and I had a few of his things in my bag too. It's light when it's empty so is great for a long trip. I also want to come home to a clean house, and especially a freshly made bed. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am chuckling because I clean and do the bed before I go away, too. It feels good to come home to clean. I agree!! Have safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think packing is such a chore, just trying to get it all together and in a suitcase. Ugh! You'll be so glad to have fresh sheets and a clean house when you return home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete