Thursday, October 10, 2024

10 on the 10th

 


Hey friends! I'm joining up with Marsha in the Middle for her 10 on the 10th! She has asked us to tell her 10 things I like about birthdays.

1. I like knowing that I made it another year around the sun! My mom died a month after her 50th birthday. I'm now 66 and I have felt like each year has been a gift!!

2. I love getting birthday messages on Facebook! I actually don't get on Facebook very often BUT I always think it is so fun to read messages from all sorts of folks on my birthday.

3. I usually get text messages from close friends and co-workers wishing me a happy birthday. It is nice to know that folks care!

4. I love it when our granddaughters sing happy birthday to me. Their voices are so sweet!!

5. I think that with each year, I feel a little more at ease with myself. I think I care a little less about what other's think about me!

6. I love to receive birthday cards in the mail!! I still love paper mail.

7. Our kids have decided that the adults don't need to exchange gifts for events like birthdays and Christmas . . .and I have mixed emotions about that new trend in our family. I enjoy buying for our cute granddaughters! Sometimes it is fun to receive a present and you realize that the person actually knows you well enough to buy something you really like. 

8. I love balloons! Seriously. 

9. One year, during my birthday month (June), I decided to do nice things for other people every day that month. I actually loved that birthday month and I need to remember to do it again this year!

10. I love a good celebration - a family dinner; a special dessert (even if I don't eat it); a few cards. Mark's mother always made birthdays a sweet celebration.

1 comment: