Sunday, August 25, 2024

When was the last time Sunday Stealing?

I'm joining up with the thieves from Sunday Stealing. I still haven't figured out how I answered this week's questions last week . . .so, I'm going to answer last week's questions . . .this week.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ....

1 - Handwrote a letter to a friend? Do thank you notes count? If so, I wrote a couple last week. I haven't written a full blown letter in a long time.

2 - Cried? I cried buckets when we had to have Harvey put down a couple of weeks ago. My eyes still fill up with water when I think about it.

My friend texted to check on me and
I sent her this photo - my eyes
were swollen from crying
many tears.

3 - Fell over? About a month ago I was walking QUICKLY down the hall toward our chapel to set up for a baptism. I felt the toe of my sandal catch and I knew a fall was coming! I broke the fall with my knees and arms and was just a tad bruised. I hopped up and looked around to make sure no one saw me.

4 - Bought a present for someone? Mark's birthday was Wednesday and I bought a present for him.

5 - Had a pajama day? I have to be really sick or recovering from surgery to stay in pajamas all day. I just don't enjoy doing so.

6 - Watched a movie that you wouldn't have gone to the cinema to see? I rarely go to the movie theater so everything I've watched has been right here.

7 - Stayed up all night? Oh goodness . . .I haven't stayed up all night in many years.

8 - Bought something on eBay? I bought a text book on eBay last year and I bought an antique cookie press.

9 - Colored in a coloring book? I love coloring with the granddaughters. I colored with #2 a few weeks ago. I may have kept coloring even after she moved on.

10 - Told someone you love them? The last thing we do before going to sleep is say "I love you."

11 - Kissed someone? I kissed my hubby!

12 - Went to the doctors? I've been to the Dermatologist several times lately for this cancer on my ear. He didn't get it all so I have to go back on November 8.

13 - You traveled by train? We rode the trains a lot when we were in Austria. We don't have subways where we live. Our mass transit is almost non-existent. We enjoyed traveling around by train. Having our friend, Dave, who speaks German, with us helped a lot!



train station was about a mile from our small
family owned hotel. It was downhill to the station,
but after a day of walking everywhere . . .that
mile uphill was tough.

14 - Screamed because you were scared? We had a thunderstorm a few weeks ago with LOUD thunder and BRIGHT lightning. I screamed. I still have some PTSD.

15 - Visited your hometown? It has been a while. It is only about 30 minutes or so from where I live now, BUT it is so depressing. The community has gone down and is not very safe anymore. It was like Mayberry when I was growing up!

16 - Went on vacation? We went to the beach last October. 

The lighting is horrible in this photo. We were at
an outdoor restaurant - The Gulf.

We still had just two granddaughters . . .
but one was on the way! Laura
shared their surprise that 
weekend.




17 - Finished reading a book? I finish a book and then I begin reading the next one. I'm reading a light mystery right now . . .in addition to my American History. 

18 - Went to a church service? I work in a church. I'm there all of the time. For those of us who work on Sunday mornings, we have chapel once a week. Chapel and staff meetings are on Tuesdays.

19 - Wore a hat? I'll be wearing a hat when outside from now on. The last time I wore it was at our Party in the Lot a week or so ago. I also have my neck fan/air conditioner going full blast.


20 - Turned off your mobile phone? I turn it off every once in a while if it starts acting up. I turn my ringer off quite often but rarely turn my phone all the way off.


7 comments:

  1. Mass transit is SO civilized. Sorry about your traumas (falling, lightning storm). I did BOTH questions last week, one on Friday and the other, quickly, on Sunday morning when I saw they have changed, all on one long post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to have mass transit! We have some buses that run downtown but that is all.

      Delete
  2. I stopped doing Sunday Stealing but still enjoy reading the answers others post. So sorry and sad for your loss of Harvey. It is devastating to make those decisions and lose a sweet pet. Great photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been a tad surprised at how hard I'm grieving for him. I think I'm probably grieving my sweet mother-in-law who died in June, too.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what happened to the questions, but we got 'er done, I suppose. I am sorry your hometown has gone downhill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hometown would be a great place to revitalize -- it would be a short commute for those working downtown.

      Delete
  4. I think it's sad when your hometown goes downhill. The mom of one of my daughter's friends mentioned that she grew up in Chattanooga and it went through a dark time and all her family ended up moving because of it. I guess it's coming back around now though.

    ReplyDelete