Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1. How would your pet describe you? I'm Harvey's second human. I'm the one that "will do" when Mark is not home.

2.. Tell us a story...Once upon a time, I was very tired. I was so tired that Mark cooked Ball Park white meat turkey hot dogs in the skillet for our dinner. I'm writing on Saturday night and I am curled up in my recliner because I am so tired.

3.. What do you pack in your beach / hiking bag? I would be packing a beach or pool bag. I usually pack my phone and something to read and a beach towel and sunscreen. I always have a diet pepsi. Sometimes I have a bottle of water.

4.. How do you like to spend great weather weekends? I would love to spend a weekend floating in a pool. At this time of year, it is so hot and humid here that we dno't spend anymore time outside than we have to UNLESS you are in the water!!

5.. Describe a time when the circumstances fell in your favor: I'm not sure. I feel like I've had "circumstances fall in my favor" quite often in my life, I just can't think of an example.

6.. Which summer sounds do you enjoy? I love to hear kids playing outside in the park. I love the sound of the hummingbirds at our feeder. Last night, I heard a tiny frog in our courtyard. 

7.. It’s not really summer until ... home grown tomatoes are available! I love the long days of summer.

8.. What music are you listening to these days? I haven't listened to any music lately! We went to see Black Jacket symphony a few weeks ago, but other than that, I can't think of any music.

9.. How much has changed since last summer? Last summer, we were moving back into our house after a year and ten days. Most of you have read all about it -- our home burned in July 2022 and we moved back in July 2023. We've been here a year now and we have are pretty settled in! It is wonderful. We also have a new granddaughter. She was born in the spring and is so cute!

10. What are your favorite things to wear in summer? I love wearing shorts and t-shirts and Birkenstocks. When I have to wear clothes into the world, I wear dresses and sandals.

11. What do you miss about winter? Winter is my least favorite season, but when it is a million degrees outside, I do think about cooler temperatures.

12. How would you spend summer vacation as an adult? I love the beach. I loved it as a kid. I love it still. I still love to go to the pool, too. I loved that as a kid and still love it.

13. Describe your ideal get together/party: A "pot luck" is always fun where everyone brings something. I also am happy with an "appetizer and beverage" gathering. In a get together/party, the ideal is the perfect mix of people. I love our people - those related by blood and those who are a part of our framily.

14. What makes you feel like part of your community? I think working together on something makes one feel like a part of the community. When our pictures/article were in the Hoover Magazine, people from all over Hoover were telling us they saw us/read about us. That made me feel part of a community, too. This is a weird mishmash of an answer -- I also feel part of our community, when we attend neighborhood parties - supper clubs, end of the summer party, Easter egg hunt, Santa's visit.

15. How was your July 2024? I blinked and it was gone. Seriously!! I'm still in shock that it is now August!!

5 comments:

  1. I went to Chautauqua and heard a lot of music a couple of weeks ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, this is Roger Green typing on my phone on a train

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the "community" answer to be a difficult one. Living in a rural area makes "community" hard to do, unless you belong to a church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T shirts ... Birks (YES) .. and then what you wear when in going out into the world. I loved how you answered this. ;-)
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like winter either but I know in about a month, I'm going to have that first feeling of needing cooler temps. I agree with you about a get-together being food and drink related; I like that a lot and wish we did more of it.

    ReplyDelete