Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Stealing!

I am joining up with Bev and the other Sunday thieves. She stole these questions from Swap Bot. I have loaded up photos for at least two more posts . . . I just need to sit down and write!

1. I am looking forward to ... catching a breath! From now through September 8, I have a whirlwind work schedule. We will hopefully have a few weeks that are at a regular pace. Actually, our regular pace is busier than most people, but I love it. I'm also looking forward to our cruise in October, but I've mentioned it so many times that I know everyone is tired of hearing it :-).

2. Least favorite words: My first response is that I don't like the word "no." haha! I've always liked to get my way. Hopefully, I've matured some regarding that. If you asked Mark, he would probably say I haven't. I also do not like the word moist.

3. If I ruled the world: I don't want to rule the world. Oh my goodness. What a job that would be!!

4. Favorite websites and blogs: I love all of the blogs that I visit regularly and I love when folks visit mine and leave comments. I got behind on commenting a week or so ago, and I missed "talking" with y'all.

5. Things I do for myself: I do most things for myself, don't you?

6. Weekly rituals: I wouldn't call any of these an actual ritual, but we go to church every week. We host young adults every week. I get allergy shots every week. 

7. DIYs I want to try: I bought a couple of bamboo wooden plate racks because I saw where someone hung one on the wall and used it for books. I think this is one of those things that looked cuter on line, so I don't even know if I will try it. I'll have to find another use for those plate racks.

8. On my shopping list: 2 birthday cards, motrin, keto bread

9. Places to see in your town: Vulcan is pretty cool. We have a nice zoo and a nice botanical gardens.

10.Road trip must-haves: Dramamine!!

11. Guilty pleasures: No sugar added fudge pops or Alyssa's no sugar added oatmeal cookies are good treats, but I guess a really good guilty pleasure would be a frozen margarita.

12. Things I'd rather be doing right now: I'm writing this on Saturday morning and it feels good to sit down for a second. Once our day starts, we are on the run. I guess that means I don't have anything I'd rather be doing . . .but wait . . .maybe I'd rather be traveling or sitting on the beach.

13. Books I'd like to read this year: I don't have any specifics picked out but I LOVE to read.

14. Lessons learned: Hopefully, I've learned more than I can count! An important one for me is to Love God and Love People!!

15. Vacations to take: We want to travel as much as possible over the coming years. We want to go to Scotland and Sweden and Denmark . . .and more!

Extra question:   Olympic events I like to watch or follow: We've watched a lot of gymnastics. I enjoy the water sports - swimming, diving, artistic swimming, kayaking! Mark has enjoyed the weight lifters and kayakers and more..

5 comments:

  1. Actually, I think some of us do things for others, ostensibly to also help ourselves. I've got to say NO more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are correct. There are certain people in my life where it is almost impossible for me to reply with a "no."

      Delete
  2. Quite a few people don't like "moist". I don't think it's that bad.

    I've never actually been to Sweden - but it is on the list. Denmark is lovely. And Scotland, once you get out of the cities, is wonderful.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually chuckled at how many people agreed with my word choice. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Take those trips and don't put them off!

    ReplyDelete