Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Young Professionals

We have been having great attendance on Tuesday nights.
This last week, we ate dinner together and then the young
adults assembled Halloween bags for the
kids of our ESOL students (one
of our ministries at church).
They also made enough bags
to hand out to our Food Share clients.


After dinner, we walked up the hill to the
"cardiologist's house." He hires someone to
decorate his yard for Halloween and it is unbelievable.
I didn't take pictures because I hate
clowns and he has scary clowns.

We walked back down toward our house
and they decided to walk a couple
of blocks more to see the Barbie House
(see earlier post).


Aren't the bags cute? I got almost everything
from Amazon - coloring books,
small packs of Crayola crayons, a slap
bracelet, a glow in the dark bracelet,
a pencil or two, spider
rings, and candy.


We love this group of folks!

 

4 comments:

  1. And I'm sure they love y'all right back! Your 'young adults' group reminds me of my teen years in Methodist Youth Fellowship. I've not enjoyed that sort of camaraderie in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have so many young adults who are active in your church! It's a great ministry! The goody bags are so cute and I know the kids loved getting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These young adults are so amazing! The leaders of the ESOL kids program (while their parents are in the classes) had them play games sort of like "cake walk" to win the bags and the kids had so much fun!

      Delete