Sunday, October 1, 2023

Sunday Stealing . . .not the last!

I’m joining up with Bev over at Sunday Stealing. I’m not very good with favorites but I think I can do “lasts.”

1. the last song you heard: Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)

2. the last food you ate: a coconut Built bar

3. the last drink you had: Diet Pepsi

4. the last line in a book/newspaper or magazine you read: Bio 102 textbook: “We are probably no more intelligent than our cave-dwelling ancestors were. The same toolmaker who chipped away at stones now designs microchips and software. The knowledge to build skyscrapers, computers, and spaceships is stored not in our genes, but in the cumulative product of hundreds of generations of human experience, passed along by parents, teachers, books, and electronic media.”

I also just finished reading The Shallows by Holly Craig and the last sentence was: “Because this is who we are now, and this is what we do. Safely settling in as though we’ve always been this way.”

5. the last movie you saw: Barbie

6. the last tv-show you watched: Bones

7. the last news you read about your hometown: the death notice of someone who was 5 years older

8. the last photo you took with your phone , with a little explanation: A screen shot of my BIO 102 lab – “What is the correct sequence of events for an ELISA assay?”

9. the last video you watched on youtube: Last week’s sermon from our church

10. the last thing you bought in the supermarket: I took out the “r” – I’m assuming it is supposed to be the last thing I bought … not brought … in the supermarket? I bought a rug in Aldi this morning and a pair of cute ankle booties! I didn’t buy any food 😊.

11. the last time you were on an airplane: We went to Israel in February so we flew home from Tel Aviv . . . and caught covid

12. the last long drive in a car: I haven’t been on a really long ride lately – last weekend, I drove about an hour for our Women’s Retreat. Next week, we are headed to the beach which will be about a five hour drive.

13. the last telephone conversation you had: I talked to our daughter this afternoon.

14. the last letter you wrote: Do thank you notes count? If so, I wrote two a few weeks ago to two of my friends.

15. the last concert you attended: I have no idea. I haven’t been to a concert in a long time.

6 comments:

  1. Single Ladies - I love. Diet Pepsi - I drink too often. Barbie - I liked a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Single Ladies . . .makes me smile everytime! I drink way too much diet pepsi . . .so much that I sort of fib to my doctor every year. I, too, liked the Barbie movie!! I didn't think I would but it was much deeper than I anticipated.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous you are going to the beach, we were supposed to go this past Friday, but unfort. it has been raining here in Florida. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if it rains, we will be headed to the coast. I hope we have good weather BUT I just need a few days away. I love to put my toes in the sand and feel the spray from the water. I hope you have a great Sunday afternoon/evening!!

      Delete
  3. I love Bones! I barely watch TV anymore but I have seen that show all the way through multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on season 4 (maybe) - I think there are 12! I really enjoy it, too, though I sometimes have to look away from the screen haha!

      Delete