Saturday, October 21, 2023

What's been going on around here

Well, I got back into town to find out that our brand new heating system doesn't work! The builder arranged for the company to come on Tuesday to fix it. We did use our new gorgeous fireplace and it did raise the temp in the room several degrees.


I love fall decorations!


I usually try to set the table and decorate with a centerpiece so it will look nice for our Tuesday night group.


Mark left to go out of town on Thursday but I was able to go to Emma's last game of the season. They were using pink pom poms for Breast cancer awareness. I asked my daughter-in-law if the girls knew why they were using pink poms poms . . .they didn't.


This is our entire row of supporters -- her mommy and daddy, her gran, her Wynn, her grandma, her Donna, and Bentley (German Shorthair) and Maggie (another puppy) -- all to watch her cheer.



Mark and I went to Hoover Antiques last week and bought this chest and mirror for our entry hall. I love it! We also bought 4 new paintings for the walls - 3 big paintings on canvas and one smaller one in a metal frame to go in the loft upstairs.


I know I posted a picture earlier but I made the banners and hung them on Friday afternoon. The banner on the left is "Thank You." The banner on the right is "Hoover Fire Department." Our skeletons are dressed as firefighters.




My car was FILTHY - inside and out. I took it for a $50 detailing. I felt horrible because I realized I didn't have any cash - I think I had two dimes. I was feeling bad that I couldn't tip the guys BUT when I got home, I opened the back and they didn't vacuum the very back portion of my car.


I am loving my room upstairs. I wrote the Sunday School lesson, this blog post, and I studied up here since Mark isn't home. Do you see the rug under me? I bought it at Aldi for $49.99! Speaking of rugs, where have you purchased your rugs? I'm having a difficult time finding what I want for the price I want to spend.


A week ago, we met our young professionals at Moss Rock Tacos. I had a watermelon margarita. It was not very sweet at all.


We had a great group and sat outside and the weather was perfect!!


Last week, I bought groceries for us, for Tuesday night, part of the food for our staff retreat, our part of the Sunday lunch family meal . . .would anyone care to guess how much this cost? I tried not to faint! The cart was horrible to push! 





3 comments:

  1. The cost of groceries is beyond ridiculous. I have to go to Sam's Club and know it will be $200 and just for staples - nothing fancy. Nice to catch up with you, Lisa! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the heating system. Hope it's up and working now. We've been in our house almost 7 years now and there are a few little (not cost wise!!) things that need to be tweaked. We bought very expensive rugs in Europe when we lived there. When we built this house they were in storage but I had pics for my decorator and told her we had to work around them because we are definitely going to live with them for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that's a lot of groceries! My guess is 300+.

    ReplyDelete