Saturday, October 21, 2023

Hodgepodge

 

I’m joining up with Joyce and friends for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce writes the questions and we answer and link up here!

I’m actually writing from Camp Sumatanga in the early morning hours of Tuesday. We are here on an overnight staff retreat. We worked all day yesterday and our boss (senior pastor) grilled salmon and flank steak for everyone last night and I brought the sides.




There is a hint of fall in the air!!

On to the hodgepodge:

1. What's something small you tend to sweat even though you know you shouldn't? I’ve started this answer three times so maybe that is my answer. I sweat “saying the wrong thing.” Yesterday I made a comment in a meeting that within seconds I realized had nothing to do with anything. I HATE when I do that.

2. October 17th is National Pasta Day...do you like pasta? What's your favorite? Cooked at home or eaten in your favorite Italian restaurant? How often do you make/eat pasta? I like pasta. I like one pot spaghetti and I like Chicken Tetrazzini. I really enjoyed the pasta in Italy! Mark doesn’t even like pasta but did enjoy the pesto pasta at one of our hotels. I even took a pasta making class back in January.









3. Do you consider yourself a spontaneous person? Explain. I am not the instigator of spontaneity but if someone suggests something, I can go along.

4. Who are some of your heroes? Tell us why. The Hoover Firefighters from the Preserve station are at the top of my personal list, along with my co-workers, close friends, and neighbors who helped us so much. If I were to look at the bigger picture, I would say the folks who went back into the Trade Towers to save others. Another example would be the young woman in our church who donated a kidney to a total stranger – that is pretty heroic.

5. Let's wrap it up with something light...Taylor Swift...are you a fan? On a scale of 1-10 how much so? (1=who's Taylor?, 10=a true Swiftie, seen her in concert more than once). If you're a fan what's your favorite T. Swift song? I like Taylor Swift just fine so maybe I'm a four or five. Mark rode home from the beach with our son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter #1. He said they listened to every single Taylor Swift song on the way home!

6. Insert your own random thought here. Mark and I are going to be like ships passing in the night this week. I was away on Monday and Tuesday. He leaves on Thursday and will be gone until bedtime on Sunday. I go to work on Monday morning and then leave to go to our daughter’s house because I get to go on a field trip with granddaughter #2 on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I understand speaking and regretting it. I talk a lot so it's bound to happen lol. Hope to see you in the HP this week!

    ReplyDelete