Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Who is My Favorite Artist Hodgepodge?

I am joining up with Joyce and the other Hodgepodgers today for a few questions!

1. October 25th is International Artists Day...do you have a favorite artist? If so tell us who and why. Well . . .my granddaughters are my very favorite artists! Our daughter is quite talented, also. My niece, who painted the canvas in our kitchen, is an engineer by degree but is very talented as are both of my sister-in-laws! I have art from all of them in our home. The other kind of artists . . .I love Starry Night by Van Gogh. Supposedly I’m named after the Mona Lisa (who I was the voice of during our women’s retreat) so I must say Leonardo Da Vinci, too.


The lemons hanging in our kitchen were
painted by our niece

Mark’s sister painted the fish PLUS she
made the fancy mats!

This is art by the two granddaughters 
and they are hanging on the wall
in my upstairs office.


Our graphic designer at work drew this as
our logo for the Women’s retreat. The theme 
was Portraits. One of the break out sessions was
to paint her. I didn't have enough time to finish painter her.
I’ve got to tone down her skin and
finish her. I’m not even good at painting something 
someone else drew.

My other sis-in-law painted this
years ago. It hangs in one of
the guest bathrooms upstairs.
I carried Rubrum Lilies in
our wedding.

2. Would you describe yourself as artistic? Elaborate.  I am not artistic at all. I am creative in some ways. I can copy projects and I’ve come up with a few of my own over the years but I am NOT artistic. (See above)

3. What's a skill, task, hobby, or job you've done so often you now have it 'down to a fine art'? I can out-type just about anyone!

4. How often do you dine out? Fast food, fine dining, or somewhere in between? Tell us about a less than stellar restaurant experience you've had recently (or not so recently if that's easier).  We dine out a couple of times a month at a nicer restaurant. We ate out with friends a couple of weekend ago at Bistro V. I had a wonderful salad with grilled shrimp. A less than stellar restaurant experience . . .I am sure we’ve had them and I can almost hear the discussion about the experience in my head. Sometimes Mark orders the wrong thing in a restaurant. I know – the kids and grandkids and Mark and I all went to Bricktops for Mark’s birthday dinner. The steaks were all cooked incorrectly – some were overdone; some were underdone but those who ordered steak didn’t complain because we had such a sweet server.

We had a table full at Bricktops

We were at Casual Pint (pub style food)
With our good friends/neighbors…
Being silly

5. Do you celebrate Halloween? To what extent? Are there trick or treaters where you live? Yes – see previous posts! We have tons (1200) of trick or treaters and our neighborhood decorates like it is our career!

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I just ordered two rugs from Boutique Rugs.com because I read about that website on a blog. I’ll let y’all know if they work. We actually need one more but I couldn’t make a decision. I actually thought about ordering the same exact rug for the dining room and living room. Have any of you used the same rug in two rooms?

These are the two I ordered. The red one is for the loft upstairs and the neutral is either dining or living/family room. I ordered large ones.




17 comments:

  1. I need a new rug for one of our downstairs areas; the one we have is old and full of stains because they kids tended to eat down there. I hate how it looks but Ash keeps telling me to leave it because it will inevitably just get dirty again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our cat won't throw up on the new rugs . . .cats and kids can definitely make a mess.

      Delete
  2. I miss seeing the neighborhood all decked out in Halloween. Gosh you have a lot ot trick-or-treaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so many trick or treaters. It is a fun night.

      Delete
  3. You have many artistically talented people among your family and friends - beautiful work! I like those rugs you chose, very pretty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the delivery of the rugs!!

      Delete
  4. I like Van Gogh's Starry Night too. You have lots of nice paintings. Both your rug choices are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of the website but the rugs are pretty. Are the two rooms connected? I think if you love the rug go for it! I love those fish paintings and the mats too! They're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rooms are sort of connected - dining room is the to right of the entry hall and then you keep walking past the stairwell and the other room is on your left and kitchen is on your right.

      Delete
  6. Those rugs are lovely, Lisa. I'm going to check out that website. I seriously hate it when something goes awry with my/our dinner order. Maybe I shouldn't put so much importance there. (Ya think? lol)
    PS - That photo of Mark made me grin outloud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the two rugs your ordered! I think using the same one in two rooms would be okay but I say that without seeing the rooms so your choice would be the correct one! Your family members are very creative!! Beautiful artwork - including the ones from your grands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decided to order one and put it down and then make the decision. Rugs are hard to choose!

      Delete
  8. You have a lot of talented artists to enjoy! Love the rugs you chose. I'm keeping an eye out for a new one in our family room. I'm with Joyce if you love the rug having a second one is fine. :) Fun pub photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been looking at rugs for over 3 months. It is a hard decision for me for some reason.

      Delete
  9. I like the fish paintings. I actually like all the art work. :-)

    That is fantastic to have so many artistic people in your family.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete