Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hodgepodge

I'm joining up with Joyce and friends over at From This Side of the Pond for Hodgepodge!

1. Besides Thanksgiving (in the USA) what's one thing you're looking forward to in November? I know you said besides Thanksgiving, but I just want to acknowledge that I LOVE Thanksgiving! 

Also, our kids and our daughter-in-law all have November birthdays and we are going to celebrate those together in a couple of weeks. I’ve hired our friend, who is a photographer on the side, to come and take our family photo that afternoon.

2. Do you like candles? Your favorite scent? How often do you burn a candle in your home? I don’t do well with scents of any kind due to allergies so I do not burn candles very often. I love candles on a dining room table and most tapers aren’t scented.

3. What gadgets did you use today? I used two different laptops, my phone, my kindle, and several kitchen gadgets.

4. This question is a repeat from one asked in November of 2014, but I liked it so it's coming round again. Many of you weren't here in 2014. Okay, you can have fifty pounds of something (anything but money)...what will you choose? I’ll be silly – how about 50 pounds of French fries? Also, since I mentioned it...what were you up to in November of 2014? You can read about November 2014 here and here (a hodgepodge!). 

5. 'Tis the season...what's something you're feeling especially grateful for today? I’m grateful that our daughter is expecting another little girl in April! I’m grateful for my family and friends. I’m grateful for my job and for our home.

6. Insert your own random thought here. About a year ago, our boss gave several of us a book to read. It has been propping my computer up on my desk for months. I downloaded the book to Audible and am listening in the car. Actually, I first downloaded the wrong book/right author and listened to it first. Now I’m listening to the correct one. Have any of you read “Emotionally Healthy Discipleship – Moving from Shallow Christianity to Deep Transformation”? How about “Emotionally Healthy Relationships”?

17 comments:

  1. Now I kind of want french fries. I am trying to be healthier this week but I may need to eat some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely have "real" french fries but put Ore Idas in the air fryer often.

      Delete
  2. I love a dining table set with candles and the dripless kind were a great invention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (early) Birthday to your kids and daughter-in-law!! Fifty pounds of French fries...yep I could go with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine how high a pile of 50 pounds of fries would be? I wonder if I could spread them out over a year?

      Delete
  4. Hello, oh the idea of a family photo is perfect. We will be doing this over Thanksgiving. How exiting for a Spring Baby!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. French fries are one of my weaknesses. I try hard not to order them because you can't eat just one. I haven't heard of either book so would love to hear your review.Thanksgiving is my favorite too. Enjoy your family celebration, that's the best. It is so hard for us to get our entire group in the same place at the same time given geography and my sons-in-law both have jobs where they are on call at various times, but rarely the same time it seems. We have a baby girl joining our family too, in February : ) Congrats on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to get everyone together! I rarely order french fries out because they are so fattening. I make them in the air fryer often!!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a full wonderful November with family. I love Thanksgiving, too. Haha...french fries, I'd love some right now! Congratulations on that precious cargo arriving next year! I forgot about so many gadgets...sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited about the new sweet girl!!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your daughter expecting another little girl! How awesome. Enjoy the family birthdays this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of either book. I enjoyed your answers, Lisa, and wish you a very blessed November with birthdays and Thanksgiving coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting!! I hope you, too, have a wonderful November!

      Delete
  9. Your November sounds great with Thanksgiving and the family photos you are going to have done. Congratulations on the new baby that is coming. No I have not read those books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Realized I never commented from last week, so better late than never. I hope you have an amazing November. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete