1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food. Can you tell I like it a lot? I love the chips and salsa. I love the margaritas. I love cheese quesadillas. I love two order grilled chicken, rice and beans . . .and I love the cheese dip and I love the guacamole! I love black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, and rice!! I like mild or slightly medium. My hubby loves it hot! One local restaurant serves Tres Fuegos sauce . . .yeah - three fires! He loves it! We are going out to dinner with our Sunday School group on Friday night and we aren't going to a Mexican restaurant . . .but I may see if they have a Mexican inspired dish.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
I've never been to Mexico. Yes, I would like to visit there! I took almost enough Spanish for a minor in Spanish in college . . .but haven't kept it up. I can still read some . . and sometimes understand some . . and can still say, "como esta" . .. and "muy buen"
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
Stay alive?? This has already been a crazy month. I think all the "meanies" have come out of the woodwork.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
I've never considered serving in public office. I don't think I would be good at that job!! My husband would want every yard to have fresh pine straw and for everyone to keep their bushes trimmed and their grass mowed. We live in a neighborhood where they monitor much of that but . . . On a more serious note, I wish there was some way to take care of all God's children - every single one.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
I don't know if these are popular or not but I saw them on some ad that popped up yesterday . . .really?
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I've watched most of one of the Star Wars movies . . the last one. I think I maybe watched part of the first one years ago. I love the cartoons that will be out on the 4th - showing two church members - one saying "May the fourth be with you" . . .and the other one responding "and also with you." Of course, I just did a google search and couldn't find a single one of those cartoons to show you. I promise I didn't make that up!!
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
Awww -- I love this post. I started blogging in 2009 so it is old. My children are now 30 years old. This is not a topic I would revisit . . .but it is cute!! I will talk about my children probably a million more times!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My brain is tired today. I have no random thoughts! Oh yes, I do! My son and daughter-in-law and several other friends have been listening to Podcasts. Many of them told me about one in particular so I've been listening to it -- S-Town. Do not listen if you are offended by curse words. It is a true story told by a reporter about some happenings in a small town in Alabama. I will say that the story makes Alabama look bad. I don't talk that way - accent (I hope!) nor do I use that many curse words. BUT . . .I can't quit listening. I'm on episode five out of six and I hate for it to end. Mark and I have actually had "words" about this podcast because he thinks it is horrible that I'm listening to something with all those curse words in it. I don't think it is any different than watching an R rated movie or reading a book by James Patterson or some of the other authors I read. There are people in the world who curse every other word - the men on some of those fishing shows curse so much that sometimes all you hear are bleeps. Actually, my daddy could curse with the best of them . . .though he didn't say some of these words!! If you aren't offended by bad language, listen to S-Town. It is pretty fascinating. . .especially if you live in Alabama