Friday, May 29, 2015

GIVE ME A P - R - O - J - E - C - T - - WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

Several weeks ago, some of our friends came over to walk to dinner at The Boot with us.  One of the couples had not seen our house yet, so we took them on the nickel tour.  When we got to the craft room, Preston told me that it was too neat.  He said I couldn't be creative and I replied, "you've not seen it when I'm in the middle of a project!"  A few weeks ago, I was working on multiple projects and I was sitting in the floor and snapped a quick photo and texted it to Preston.  He approved!  My little desk is not quite big enough so I have enlisted the help of one of our tv trays - works perfectly!  Look at the cool chair - we bought several of those at Southeastern Salvage.  You can find some really cool stuff in that store!  Right in the middle of all my stuff, you can see my diet pepsi . . .never far away!  Yes, that is the bottom of my cake carrier under that red bowl.  No, I have not been eating cake in my craft room and I am not sure why it is there.  I need to remedy that!!


So what projects were coming from all that paper and glue and stuff?  I made a "Happy Retirement" banner for Andy's surprise staff luncheon.  He is an Alabama fan.  It pained this Auburn fan to make his banner but I did it out of love and respect!!  I did love that houndstooth paper!!  Also, now that the party is over, each circle can be used as a 12 X 12 scrapbook page background.  Andy and Dawn can make a scrapbook in their retirement using pictures from all the events.


I also made a few graduation gifts.  This is a picture frame from At Home - I think I paid $3.99 for it.  I used my silhouette to cut out the phrase, the numbers and the hats, and I was really proud of myself.  I had to "weld" the letters together so that "in case of emergency break glass" all came out hooked together.  I must say that I thought using the $20 bill and the $1 bill and the $5 bill for 2015 was quite clever!!  I mailed one to my great niece and even though I wrapped it in a ton of padding, the glass was broken when it arrived.  My niece (the graduate's mom) said that Madison immediately said, "can I have the money?"  I also included a small target gift card, too, just in case she was willing to leave the money in the frame until a real emergency happened.


I think I'm going to make a Fourth of July banner next and maybe some photo props.  I need to see if Mark's cousin, Molly, is going to have her annual party.  The banner would be a great thing to take with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment