copy and paste the questions and answer them and link up here
1. Did you make someone laugh yesterday? Was it intentional?I’m not sure that I “made” anyone laugh on any day but I can GUARANTEE that I have laughed – probably laughed long, loud and hard. I love to laugh. I hope I can find things to laugh about all the way up until the moment I die. I hope that I make others laugh . . .one of our preachers told me that when he hears me laughing, it makes him laugh.
2. What's a simple question with a complicated answer?
What is the meaning of life? Or how about Why am I here on this earth?
3. Rhododendrons or azaleas...you have to choose. Are any currently blooming in your yard?
I love azaleas – maybe because we live in an area of the country where almost every yard has some azaleas and when they bloom, they are so pretty. We live in a new house and this is our first spring (we moved in June last year) and so we are discovering all sorts of things. These cute little bushes by our chimney are miniature gardenias! They are so cute! I borrowed this picture from someone on line – this is not our plant but you can see what one looks like. They are actually called Dwarf Gardenias.
4. May 21st is National Waitstaff Day. Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress? How would you rate the experience? What was the best/worst part of the job? I have never worked as a waitress . . .unless you count waiting on my hubby and kids!! The only other waitress experience that I have had is waiting on tables at church – like for a fund raising event. I will say this – I’m a good tipper. I always feel like the person who waits on my table is either in school trying to earn money or is a parent trying to put food on their own table. If our service is even “decent,” I try to tip 20%. I would love to hear some other folks thoughts on tipping.
5. What fashion trend for women should be outlawed? How about one for men?
Men . . .hmmmm. . . I think those horrible baggy pants that hang down so ridiculously low . . .I also don’t like seeing men’s butt cracks. I want them to make sure that their pants come up high enough so that when they squat down . . .
Women – I hate this new fashion where the whole middle portion of a girl shows. I’ve seen so many pictures of prom dresses and the whole middle section is exposed. To me, it just doesn’t look classy. It is one thing to have on a cute top and shorts and have some middle show but in a formal dress – I just don’t get it. I also don’t like mini dresses on people in their 40’s and up. Let’s face it girls – most ladies, especially after age 45, do not have the legs to carry off a mini dress and I sure don’t want to see someone’s hoohah. I don’t remember when it happens, but at some point, our knees are not pretty anymore – My friend, Susan (God bless her soul – I sure do miss her), always said that knees and elbows tell a woman’s age faster than anything. (I just re-read this section and my answer makes me sound old . . . oh well, I guess I am!)
6. Name a writer who inspires you...now tell us why. I love to read and I read a large assortment of books. Today I shopped in our preacher’s office (he is retiring and after he packed the books he wanted to keep, we have been allowed to shop!!). I love some of the writers of old. On another note, I haven’t read the Harry Potter series but I’ve always heard that J. K. Rowling was practically homeless until she started writing. She inspires me in that way. I also made a friend at She Speaks Conference a couple of summers ago. She is writing and illustrating a book and she inspires me.
7. What well known quote or saying sums up your plans for today or this week?
I’m horrible with quotes!! I like them when I hear them or read them, but then I can't remember the quote!! I googled quotes about vacation – sad, right?? I’ve rented a condo on a local lake for the long weekend and my daughter and a few of her friends will be going along. I told her that I didn’t plan to be the cook, etc. all weekend. I just found this quote and laughed out loud (see – I like to laugh!!) A vacation frequently means that the family goes away for a rest, accompanied by a mother who sees that the others get it. written by Marcelene Cox (this is not going to happen this weekend.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is a gorgeous day here today. When I stepped outside this morning, the sun was shining and there was just a hint of cool in the air. I had a deep pang of missing summer. I loved long summer days with my kids. (of course, I’m only remembering the good part!!) We would go to the pool at ten when it opened and stay until we were ready to go home. We would go to the library. They would have friends over and play out in the yard. I guess my earlier sentence isn’t really correct. I’m not missing summer – it is going to arrive one way or the other. I’m missing being at home in the summer. Now, I would be all alone but I could still go to the pool and the library.