Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge on Thursday!!

Linking up today with From This Side of the Pond -- I'm just a day late!!  I actually tried to answer the questions today with my FIRST thoughts - rather than long drawn out answers!

1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?  My birthday is June 14.  Birthdays are always fun – even as an adult!!

2. In what way have you come full circle?  Back when I was in my early 20’s, I applied to the Baptist Mission Board.  I was taking Spanish at UAB (almost enough for a minor – need to refresh it!!) and I wanted to be a foreign missionary.  I was divorced . . .and the mission board sent a rejection notice to me that they couldn’t use me . . .but they were sure that God could use me somewhere.  Fast forward a million years – I teach Sunday School to a large class; I work on staff at a large church – I’m “in ministry” every day . . .God could use me – FLAWS and all!

3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?  I would like to see all of them!!  I’ve been to New Orleans – oh how I wish I had those pics on my computer.  I may need to write a blog post about that trip and see if I can scan some of the pictures!!  I have white water rafted down the Arkansas river in Colorado.  I was freezing to death (even in a wet suit) and I was scared to death so I’m not sure I remember much of the scenery but I am SURE it was breathtaking!!

4. A song that describes your mood right now?  If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands!

5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite? I love all of those!  My mother-in-law makes wonderful strawberry shortcake!  She basically uses our homemade waffle batter and puts it in a pan and bakes it with additional butter.  Then you cut it into squares and cut each square horizontally.  Strawberries go in the middle and on top with a dollop of whipped cream!  We also have wonderful local strawberries . . .so sweet!!

6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare(Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?  I guess it would be “be prepared.”  My current boss (senior minister) retires after Sunday and my new boss (designate) takes on all the duties . . .and I think we are going to hit the ground running.  So I had better be prepared!

7. The answer is yes...what's the question? Do I love my new home after living there for almost a year?  YES!  I love the inside and the outside.  I love the park in front of our house.  I love the neighborhood.  My goal is to get to know my neighbors better this year (and to meet all of them!!)  -- Hey Neighbor!

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Speaking of our home, I took a bunch of pictures of the inside of my house the other day and I think I’m going to do some “room tours” on my blog.  (of course, I took those pictures within hours of our cleaning lady’s departure !!)  I can't decide if this is a good thing to share or not.


2 comments:

  1. I think it is so cool that you embrace and love your home. I have lived in my for 13 years and it STILL doesn't feel like home. Also enjoy getting to know your neighbors. You will make some amazing friends and then there will be those you won't even want to make eye contact with when you see them. That is ok. Have fun this weekend and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my home too. Can't imagine living anywhere else. Enjoy your birthday.

    ReplyDelete