Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Hodgepodge

I am jumping in late in the day for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Thanks to Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for the weekly questions!

1. What's a talent you wish you had? I wish I could sing and play an instrument. What is weird is that when I was younger, I could sing. I made All State Choir when I was in high school. I sang alto! One time after Mark and I married, we were singing a hymn in church and he looked over at me and said, "what are you singing?" and I quit singing and now I can't carry a tune in a bucket. It must be true - if you don't use it, you lose it! When I was 40, I bought a guitar and took lessons for a brief time. I ended up passing the guitar along to our son, who took lessons and did well!

2. In one word, what's your state of mind right now? Much better than this time last week! Oops -- that is way more than one word.

3. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen this month? This year? Does paying the final payments on our October trip count as a purchase? Those are due by the end of May. We upgraded to a nicer cabin so it is a significant "purchase." Mark also needs to buy a new vehicle. It won't happen this month, but it could happen this year.

4. Tuesday (April 2nd) was National PB and J Day...did you celebrate? Is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich something you eat weekly or more? What's your favorite kind of jelly? I do love PB&J! I didn't celebrate on Tuesday and I didn't eat a PB&J on Tuesday, but I probably eat one per week. I use sugar free (no sugar added) jelly and Skippy. Mark saw an episode of America's Test Kitchen and this peanut butter has the most peanuts per bite! It is good! Mark eats weird Peanut Butter and raisin sandwiches. I like raisins but I don't want them on my sandwich.


5. Are you easily intimidated? Who or what intimidates you? I am sometimes intimidated by people who I perceive to be much smarter than I will ever be (that would be one of the reasons I'm working on my degree). Sometimes I am intimidated by people who have a LOT of money and sometimes I am intimidated by very proper older southern women.

6. Insert your own random thought here. It is so windy here today. A storm came through last night and dropped the temps (high today was 67 and it was over 80 the other day). The storm and cold front evidently brought a crazy wind.

5 comments:

  1. That same storm must have come through Atlanta after it passed you. Really feels cold after yesterday going up to 80!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We woke this morning to even colder temps!!

      Delete
  2. We had crazy wind too and now it's cold again. Glad things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter and raisins sounds like a good combo, but not on a sandwich. We had storms here too, and fortunately no major damage in the area this time. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been the least bit musical (other than loving it) but thankfully my girls take after hubs side of the family in this area. They are all musical. My hubs played the trumpet when he was younger and tried the guitar when we were first married but didn't have the time to practice. He has picked it up in retirement and takes weekly lessons and loves it. My girls both sing beautifully and play instruments. We had a lot of wind here on Wednesday too. I hope it brought some of the pollen down! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete