Wednesday, April 10, 2024

It's a Hodgepodge

 I'm joining up with the Hodgepodge gang! Thanks to Joyce for the questions.

1. Do you complete your own tax returns or hire out? Something you've found taxing lately? Mark is a retired CPA. He was the CFO of a company but he still knows how to do taxes. He has always done our tax returns. Is it possible to find a person taxing? I'm going with yes. There is a person that before I even see them, I dread the interaction. I find him very taxing.

2. It's spring (in the northern hemisphere anyway)...would you rather spend the day hiking in the great outdoors or planting a garden? Do you/will you have a garden this year? Flowers, vegetables, or a bit of both? Since I am allergic to every grass and tree, I don't spend much time outdoors right now and that makes me sad because it is beautiful in Alabama in the spring. We don't have room for a garden, but if I did, I would want some flowers and some veggies!!

3. Do you consider yourself a patient person? In what sort of situation is patience not desirable? Are you happy with the degree of patience you have in your daily life? If not, what can you do to cultivate more of this quality in your life? In my 20's, I prayed for patience. I had a tough boss at AT&T and I needed patience. At 28, not long after I prayed for patience, I found out I was pregnant with twins. I have much more patience now than I did back then. I've always thought that was an interesting turn of events!! One of the areas where I still lack patience is when I'm driving. Other drivers . . . why would you drive 40 on an interstate where the speed limit is 70? I have so many why would you's when I'm driving. I can't wait to read your responses about what sort of situations where patience is not desirable. I need to take big deep breaths when I find myself impatient. If I'm in a line somewhere, I try to pray for the people ahead of me. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes it is not.

4. Do you like the flavor cinnamon? If so what's your favorite something made with cinnamon? I do like cinnamon. I like to bake apples and put a sprinkle of cinnamon on them. 

5. Learn by watching or learn by doing? Elaborate. I prefer to watch a couple of times and then to start doing. I think I learn by both.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I received my grade on my paper and I felt sure it would be at least a C . . . maybe lower. I was pleasantly surprised when I made an A. It is not a high A, but it is an A. I'll take it. 

20 comments:

  1. My allergies seem to come and go this season and right now, I can only surmise that my scratchy throat is just allergy-related. But it's going to rain today and maybe that'll help. Good job on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My nose is all clogged up this morning and I just got my weekly allergy shots yesterday. It has rained a lot here but I looked at the pollen count and it is still ridiculously high! I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  2. There are some people I find taxing, too!! Hope you feel better with your allergies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news with allergies is that the pollen will eventually be manageable! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on that Grade A!!! Having worked for a CPA many years, I believe they're worth every cent. (Fortunately, we're no longer obligated to file!) I couldn't wrap my mind around "where patience is not desirable?" ... I, too, am curious to see others' answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there would ever be a time when we didn't have to file taxes! That is awesome! Thanks for commenting and for the congrats!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, High Fives on your A!!!!!
    I enjoyed your answer to #3... a tough boss and then twins!!! God is fun ;-) ... He keeps us on our toes.
    My husband is the one who has more trouble with impatience on the highway ... but I do get what you mean about 40 MPH in the fast lane... what are they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly think those slow drivers on the interstate often cause more problems than the slightly higher than the speed limit drivers!

      Delete
  5. I agree with you on the driving with patience! I think a lot of us learn by both watching and doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to "watch and do" in order to learn.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the great grade!! My hubby was a CPA and always did our taxes as well. Nice perk!! I enjoyed all of your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice perk! I never even have to think about taxes!

      Delete
  7. Why are you driving slow in the fast lane??? That one really gets me. My hubs is not a patient driver. We live in the country, but came here from just outside NYC. I have to remind him these are not city drivers here lol. Congrats on your grade! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually yelled those words before . . .and I know they can't hear me . . .but I'll be shouting, "why are you driving slow in the fast lane?"!! Thanks for the congrats!!

      Delete
  8. You are rockin it with your classes. Good for you! Well that is nice to have an inhouse tax guy. :) Twins can definitely help you develop patience. Sorry about the allergies. Hope the rest of your week is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your A! I need to get some organic cinnamon. I like to make an apple Betty in the fall with lots of cinnamon. Having twins would take a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the winter, I love to put some orange slices, a couple of cinnamon sticks, a twig of either Christmas tree or rosemary, and a few cloves into a pot of water on the stove and let it gently simmer. It makes the inside of the house smell divine!

      Delete
  10. It's interesting how God develops our patience, isn't it? the things that made me SO impatient years ago barely faze me now, but maybe other things have taken their place? I do get impatient with other drivers, and ask "why would you" just like you said! congratulations on that A and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So late commenting but I guess better late than never...I liked your answers. I agree with you on #5.

    ReplyDelete