Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday! Sunday! Stealing the questions!

 

I’m joining with the other thieves as we answer the SundayStealing questions. Bev steals them; we answer them. Stolen from Swap Bot

         

1. If you could witness any event from history, what would it be? Since today begins Holy Week, I'm going to roll with that. I think it would be amazing to see the risen Christ BUT I wouldn't want to be at the crucifixion. 

2. What do you think about conspiracy theories? I know people who are big into conspiracy theories. I'm not into them unless they are written into a novel.

3. Do you like cartoons? Do you have /had a favorite one? I rarely watch cartoons as an adult BUT sometimes I do with one of our granddaughters. Bluey is a really good cartoon from Australia! My personal favorite is the Pink Panther from years ago. 

4. What did you most dislike in school times? I used to hate the smell of the cleaner they used in the restrooms in my elementary school. I have no idea what the cleaner was but mixed with other smells . . . yuck! Or how about this one? When I was in the lower grades of elementry school, girls could not wear pants to school. That changed at some point because I remember wearing pants in high school. We walked to school so when it was very cold, we had to wear pants under our dresses and go into the "cloak room" and take them off when we arrived at school. Isn't that crazy?

5. What sounds are in your opinion relaxing? The sound of the sea? Traffic? Vacuum cleaner? Combine harvester on the field? Some kind of music? Birds singing? ...The sound of waves on the coast of Alabama is very relaxing -- ahhh! I also use the white noise app on my phone when I sleep and we have a fan that we turn on in the bathroom next to our bedroom.

6. What was the last thing you read? I just finished The Wife You Know by Amy Melsa and now I'm reading a light mystery by Carlene O'Connor, Murder at an Irish Christmas.

7. What is one thing that has stumped you so hard you won't ever forget it? I know that I should have an answer for this question, but I have evidently forgotten it hahaha! 

8. What are you interested in that most people aren’t? There are probably not too many other 65 years old who are as deep into American Lit as I am right now. Most of my other interests are things that others are interested in, too.

9. What’s something you really resent paying for? Our credit card bill each month! Yes, I know we spent the money but I hate coughing up the balance each month.

10. If you could choose a different time period and place to be born, when and where would it be? I think I'm going to stick with the time period, place, etc. where I was born. 

11. What's one question you would ask Superman? Could you take me for a spin around the city, please?

12. What's your favorite smell? What's your least favorite smell? I have lots of favorite smells - freshly popped popcorn is one. I also love the smell of a library full of old books! My least favorite smells would be vomit (yuck!) and cat poop. I'm sure there are other equally yucky smells. I just don't want to think about them!

13. How do you feel about cars becoming fully autonomous and having no steering wheel, breaks, or accelerators? I drive a Lincoln Nautilus and it can't drive itself, but it can ALMOST drive itself. I have adaptive cruise. It pulls the steering wheel back if I try to change lanes without my blinker. It will scream and slam on the breaks if I almost run into someone. As we age, it might be advantageous to have a car that could SAFELY drive me wherever I needed to go.

14. What are your favorite books and authors? I'm a reader and enjoy lots of books and authors. I really like mysteries and thrillers. I like Jonathan Kellerman and James Patterson and Faye Kellerman plus lots of others.

15. Have you had a reading or palm reading done? I have not.

 

13 comments:

  1. My daughter is really into Bluey! We use a white noise machine to sleep and it's now difficult to sleep without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been married 40 years (this May) and we've used some sort of white noise our entire marriage. It is VERY difficult to sleep without it. I love the white noise app because it can go all around the world with us!!

      Delete
  2. Wow. Your car would scare me. Sounds freaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually very cool. I thought it might be freaky, too, but most of the time it is helpful!

      Delete
  3. I've been known to fall asleep to the sound of a fan droning quietly in a room. I love the ocean but I'm not sure I would ever sleep on a beach next to it. I think it might work though, just lying there listening to the waves.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't allow myself to fall asleep on the beach because I don't want to burn BUT it is a relaxing sound to me.

      Delete
  4. Right there with you on wearing pants, then having to take them off when I arrived at school. 'The Wife you Know' I've downloaded; it's on my short list. Don't get me started on having to pay for gas. Just a good thing I'm retired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to a younger friend today and she was talking about all of the changes that have happened in the world for our generation. It is hard to believe that we couldn't wear pants to school!!

      Delete
  5. I used to be a big fan of James Patterson until he started writing with co-authors (I saw an interview with him and he said he doesn't like actually writing, but likes coming up with the plot and having someone else write it). His co-author books are iffy -- some not so bad, some terrible. I have given up reading him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is one of his co-writers that I don't like but I can't remember which one. How interesting that he doesn't actually like to write!

      Delete
  6. Great answers, Lisa. I opted out so am impressed by all who stuck with it!! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the smell of popcorn but never really want to eat it. I'll have a handful, max.

    ReplyDelete