Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday Stealing

I am joining up with Bev and friends for Sunday Stealing. I should be working on my paper that is due Thursday, but my brain needs a break.

 

1. What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different? I'm answering with a "not very deep" response -- I would love to be at my ideal weight. It seems like no matter how hard I work at it; I can't quite get there. I have kept over 50 pounds of my 2017 weight loss off but would love to lose at least 25 more. My life wouldn't be drastically different - I could wear cuter clothes! This is a very shallow answer but sometimes I just can't put into words the things that I really think!

 

2.  What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn? I gave birth to twins at 34 weeks 37 years ago. My parents were no longer living, and my father-in-law died four days before their first birthday. That was a very tough year. I had to do many things on my own while Mark was tied up with work and his family. Looking back, I can see that I learned that I can do hard things. The most recent challenging thing is living through our home being struck by lightning and subsequently catching on fire. Y'all have heard that story a million times.

 

3. Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far. I definitely think that when our twins were born was pretty glorious but also scary and hard. The moment that I met both of our granddaughters following their births was pretty spectacular!

 

4. Write about a moment you felt brave. I don't think of myself as brave but I'm sure I have been at various times in my life.

 

5. What made you happy today? We went to our oldest granddaughter's 8th birthday party. It was a very joyous and happy occasion.

 

6. What did you dislike most about growing up? My mom was sick for quite a few years and died when I was 15. That was tough.

 

7. Write about five activities you love the most and why you love them. I love spending time with our close friends. We can just be ourselves when we are together. I love Tuesday nights with our young adult group. I love being with our children and grandchildren. I love to read. I love to travel the world. All these things bring me joy.

 

8. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe? Yes. I have one that I will not talk about here or probably anywhere else. It definitely still makes me cringe. 

 

9. What has been your best trip so far? I really like Israel. I've been there four times. I think one of my favorites was Ireland. It is so beautiful. We also had a great time when just the two of us went to St. Martin. Italy, Austria, and Germany were pretty cool, too. I've told y'all that I'm horrible at favorites.

 

10. What traits (physical or personal) do people notice when they meet you for the first time? I've been told that I have a great smile. Of course, I always think they notice the negatives first but maybe that is just my crazy mind playing tricks on me.

 

11.  Is social media a blessing or a curse? It can be both. I love seeing what everyone is doing these days and I've learned some cool cleaning and cooking tricks from various folks. I do think that no matter our age, social media can also be a curse. It is very addictive PLUS sometimes I think I might be the only person in the whole world who isn't getting to do fun things! FOMO is real!

 

12. What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen? I would love to live a long and healthy and active life filled with love, joy, peace, and happiness. I can eat healthy foods and drink water and exercise and surround myself with people I love! After I typed that answer, I'm now wondering if that if a question about the future for everyone? If so, I wish we could find honest politicians to run our country (and the world). I would hope that every person could be treated fairly, and no one would go hungry.

 

13.  What did you struggle most with today? I've been struggling with this paper I have to write. I just need to get started. Why is the "getting started" part often the hardest? 

 

14.  Name the biggest priority in your life right now: Praying that our daughter can carry her baby a little longer and that her blood pressure can be controlled. In reality, that isn't my priority because I can't do much about it BUT I can definitely pray about it.

 

15. What are 5 things you wish others knew about you. Sometimes in a large group, I become introverted. Sometimes I dance around my kitchen when I'm home alone and I've been known to use a whisk as a pretend microphone (yes, as an adult!). There are a lot of apologies built up inside of me for things I did when I was younger. I should probably write a blanket apology and name some of the things and post on social media. I can be VERY insecure. If you need someone to keep a confidence for you, I'm your person. Tell me something is confidential and I will take it to the grave.


8 comments:

  1. A lot of your 5 apply to be: often introverted, singing with a whisk (or wooden spoon), good at keeping confidences. Even when I was in high school, I felt as though people treated me as a Father Confessor, and I leaned into the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading your comment, I remember people telling me things way back in high school, too!!

      Delete
  2. I hope your daughter will be okay. That has to be a big worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tad scary. I gave birth to her and her twin brother at 34 weeks so we keep remembering that they were ok. I do worry about our daughter though because her BP is so high.

      Delete
  3. #1. I need to lose half a stone so I know what you mean (that's about 7 lbs).
    #10. I always try to look at the good stuff with new people so I would look at your smile first I reckon. A lot of people are the same.
    #15. I sing when I'm alone - and have been caught out by neighbours and people in other cars. I could have put that answer to the "embarrassing cringe" question, I reckon.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who dances in her yard while doing yard work and her neighbors are always asking her if she has forgotten she is in public (sort of like your neighbours and your singing).

      Delete
  4. Best wishes for your daughter.
    We have been to Ireland several times and I love it; you're right--it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the weight; I had gotten down to 117 but am back to 130 and not happy. I commend you for your list in the last Q; sometimes I don't admit things like that but hey, it's who you are!

    ReplyDelete