Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Hodgepodge in a hospital room during Holy Week

Hey friends! I'm joining up with Joyce and friends for this week's Hodgepodge. I'm typing this at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday in my daughter's dark hospital room. More to come . . .

1.What do you love about your life right now? I love my family and I love my job and I love being back in our home. I love the ability to travel.

2. March 26th is National Spinach Day...are you a fan? If so, how do you like yours prepared/served? Mark LOVES spinach cooked or raw. I'm not that fond of cooked spinach, but will eat it. I do enjoy a great spinach salad.

3. In this current season would you say you need to spend more time looking inward or that you need to get out of your head? Tell us why. The last few weeks have been really tough. I'm not even sure how to answer that question today.

4. Are you following the 'March Madness' madness? (That's US college basketball in case you're out of the loop) What's something that feels like actual madness to you right now? We have been following some. We are Auburn fans and enjoyed watching their games . . .until. What seems like actual madness? The inability to get my daughter's blood pressure under control.

5. How will you celebrate the Easter/Passover holiday this year? Do you remember that I am on a church staff? I'm trading out with Mark today at the hospital and I'll head back home. We have noon day services Monday through Wednesday of this week with a guest pastor and lunch. Thursday night is Maundy Thursday with a service at 6:00 p.m. Friday night is Good Friday with a service at 6:00 p.m. The Good Friday service is always so amazing. It ends in darkness and in silence. I always imagine how the disciples and Mary must have felt. At some point on Friday, I will pick up the Honeybaked Ham and make Copper Pennies and I desperately need an Easter pedicure. Mark and I will head to Easter worship on Saturday night at 6:00 p.m. We added this service several years ago for folks who have to work on Sunday (we have lots of medical folks in our church) and for families of other pastors who never get to worship with their families. Easter Sunday morning will find me back at the church at 7:00 a.m. where I will be working the Welcome Center desk and taking turns with a co-worker driving the golf cart around the neighborhood behind the church. There is a Baptist church on the other side of our parking lot and they have their own parking deck BUT many of them want to park in our lot. We have signs posted and over the years, their pastor has asked them not to park in our lot . . .but they still do. We are already short on parking spots and are land locked. A lot of our folks end up parking on the neighborhood streets sometimes up to three blocks away . . .hence, the golf cart. We will be riding around offering folks a ride to the church. I'll be there from 7:00 to noon and THEN I will head to my  mother-in-law's house to enjoy Easter lunch with family. Either that afternoon or the next morning, I will head back down to take another turn with our daughter who will hopefully be out of the hospital by then. Everyone is going to be ok . . . but I'm just waiting to tell y'all everything all at once.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

17 comments:

  1. I do hope and pray your daughter's blood pressure is brought under control. I was in the hospital with mine with daughter1 and know how frightening that can be. It's good she's in a place they can monitor her carefully. You will have a very busy Easter week! Rest when you can and happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your BP story. I am glad she is still in the hospital because it is good that she can be monitored carefully! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Overwhelming stuff! I love the sound of your church community, and will be praying for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived just a little closer, I would invite you to come and visit our church. It is truly a wonderful community.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to read about your daughter's blood pressure. Praying right now it will come under control soon!! Yikes your church has a lot going on this week. Here I thought our little Easter coffee fellowship was a big deal. :) I'll get my 'Mary' on and stop complaining in my head! I do hope you can get some rest between events. A golfcart to pick up folks, that's a fun idea. Happy Easter to you! Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your daughter, I pray her blood pressure is brought under control. Prayers for you too, Mama, as you navigate all the things going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers. They are so appreciated!!

      Delete
  5. So sorry about your daughter's blood pressure problems. I hope she's well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We hope the BP is under control soon, too. Today is day 18 in the hospital for her.

      Delete
  6. Blood pressure, high or low is nothing to ignore so at least she is in the hospital being monitored. I have chronic low Bp and the older I get the more of an issue it is becoming.
    I am sure you being there with her is a great comfort to her! I do hope and pray that her blood pressure gets under control and fast!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are praying for the docs to find the right combo of meds to get it under control. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Offered a prayer for your daughter and that will continue. You have a busy few days ahead so praying for you as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We appreciate all of the prayers!!

      Delete
  8. Your weekend sounds like it will be very busy, but good things that celebrate the resurrection and minister to others as well. Praying for your daughter's blood pressure to stay at a safe and healthy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm praying that today will be the day they find the solution to keep her BP under control.

      Delete
  9. Still hoping everything is good with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your daughter and for all of you. Sounds like you've had a very busy week.

    ReplyDelete