Saturday, February 17, 2024

This & That AGAIN

So what have we been up to lately? I'm in the middle of writing a Power Point Presentation for my American Lit class and it is on The Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin and this old lady is in over her head - just saying. That is why I'm blogging . . .my brain is fried.

I created a cute invitation a week or so ago to send out to our staff. We had a diaper and book shower for one of our co-workers. She has two little girls and this baby is a BOY!


Last weekend, we went to our long time (20 years) supper club on Friday night and our neighborhood supper club on Saturday night - Fun! Since it was Mardi Gras time, I decided to make King cakes for both events.
Here is my dough rising!


I also made an apple roll for Friday night. The recipe is here. I did sprinkle the green, gold, and purple sugar on top.


Here is King Cake #1 - it had a cream cheese, raisin, and pecan filling. Our friends said it was delicious.


Saturday morning, Mark picked up our local granddaughter and we decorated the golf cart for the Mardi Gras parade. We have it every year but this was our first year to decorate and participate.


We had 100 strings of beads and 100 mini moon pies. I need to order twice that next year.


Here we are on the back of the golfcart - headed to the town hall to line up for the parade.


I think we had 18-20 golf carts participating.


There is a better shot of this golf cart later on but the alligator was eating her hand. She thought that was so funny.


Mark was our driver and here we are in line.


Here we are!


The next few pictures are out of order. Sorry! We actually had to veer out of the parade in order to get our granddaughter to her basketball game . . .which she calls her cheer game! yep! She is 2nd from the right.


Here she is - they are mid court ready to do their half-time show.



After the game, we rushed back home for me to make two more King Cakes - one was cream cheese, raisin, and pecan and one was cream cheese, apple, and pecan.


Here are the out of order photos -- all three of us in line in front of the town hall -- waiting on our start time.


Here is a better picture of the whole golf cart. I think this one won "best decorated golf cart." It was clever!! (The phrase is from Swamp People"


Look at the side!!


Jump ahead to Tuesday and we had the diaper and book shower! This is our breakroom at work and we work with what we have :-). I can't believe we didn't take a picture of the mom-to-be or the food on the table!


I did take one picture of the cupcakes with the cute giraffe picks!!


Tuesday night, some of our young adult guys ordered these t-shirts - I heart Mark's meats. Yes - they are being very funny - haha! They had asked me to get Mark to smoke meat for their dinner (which he did) and then this group showed up in their shirts.


Mark is right in the middle of these crazy boys. 


We move from "sort of inappropriate" t-shirts to Ash Wednesday. Our service at 6:00 p.m. was meaningful and lots of folks attended.


Today we hopped in the car and took a load of clothes and stuff to our daughter's house. They live about an hour and 15 minutes (maybe an hour and a half) away from us. We drove down, ate lunch, played with our granddaughter, and came back home so I can work on my presentation . . .that I'm not doing at the moment. Please send help.
 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun celebration time. I think the golf card parade must have been exciting for everyone along with the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post and all of the fun photos! I watch Swamp People so knew right away about "choot em". Your cart looked great! So do your King Cakes!! Thanks for sharing all the fun with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we lived closer because we have a golf cart too. That looks like such a good time. I don't think I've ever had a King Cake but I have heard of them. Bet that was yummy.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The King Cakes from the grocery store are just so so but if you get a real one from New Orleans . . . or one of the ones I made, they are yummy!

      Delete
  4. You HAVE been busy! And good for you making your own king cake. We got one delivered to the office and it was pretty good. Not as good as the one my mom normally orders from a place in New Orleans though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King Cake from New Orleans is usually quite yummy!

      Delete
  5. Nice Blog information, MyFirsToys presents an enchanting collection of musical set toys designed to ignite the rhythm in your little one's world. From colorful xylophones to delightful drums, these instruments harmonize play and learning, fostering creativity and motor skills. Dive into a symphony of joy with MyFirsToys' captivating musical set collection.

    ReplyDelete