Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Love! Love! Love! Hodgepodge!


1. What does love mean to you? Do you remember the phrase, “Love means never having to say you’re sorry”? I always thought that was weird because to me, love means saying you’re sorry when you need to because you love that person. To quote scripture: Love is patient and kind. Love is not self-seeking. Love protects, trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love is way more than a feeling – love goes much deeper.

2. Is love blind? I don’t think love is blind. I love Mark but I can see that he folds the towels incorrectly (hahaha!). Love is accepting the gift that he folded the towels and saying thank you (and not criticizing his method or refolding them)!

3. How do you remember Valentine's Day as a kid? Do you have any special plans for the day this year? I remember making a Valentine Box and having a party and opening the cards and eating cupcakes. I can actually remember the Room Mothers standing around the edge of the room.

4 Are you a fan of the movie genre known as 'rom-com'? What's your favorite (or one of your favorites)? I do like rom-com but I don’t get to watch a lot of movies.

5. What's something you recently put your heart into? I’m getting ready to put my heart into teaching our John Wesley Sunday School class. I’ll be teaching beginning this week through Lent. We will be studying Crafting a Rule of Life by Stephen Macchia. Over the years, I have taught our class about 90% of the time. . .and then our house burned in July of 2022 . . .and then my job started including working on Sunday mornings. Since then, I’ve taught two Advent series and a Lenten series and I’ve taught another series or two.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  We had a great weekend and I have photos . . . maybe I’ll have time to write about it later tonight or tomorrow.

Heart art - free art from adobe stock


14 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Lisa! That is great that you teach! I am sorry your house burned down. Was that from the big fires that were in No California a few years ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in Alabama, not California :-). Our house was struck by lightning on July 9, 2022. If you want to read about it, you can check it out here
      https://lisa-musingsofamiddle-agedmom.blogspot.com/2022/07/lightning-fire-sickness-and-more-oh-my.html

      Delete
  2. I hope your class goes well. Teaching something like that requires a lot of time and preparation and real commitment. I'm grateful for good teachers. I laughed at your 'fold the towel' comment. Mine would be 'load the dishwasher' : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with #1; you should apologize if you truly love someone and you messed up/hurt them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A class on John Wesley sounds interesting. Fun to remember those elementary Valentine days. I enjoyed reading your answers to the love questions. Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the name of our class is the John Wesley class. We have studied him at some point in time. Our Sunday School classes can come up with their own name -- One class is the Koinonia class and another is the Aldersgate class. We have 20 adult sunday school classes plus children and youth.

      Delete
  5. Love is definitely not blind but it is forgiving as you so rightly said. It's also kind, generous, giving, etc. like in Corinthians. Jesus is our example.
    The only V Day doings I remember is in Elementary School. We made the "mailboxes" for each desk, then passed around the little cardboard cards with silly sayings. I told my husband before marriage I don't "do" Valentine's. It's not important to me. Just treat me with respect and we'll be fine. He's never failed to do that.
    Hope your day was blessed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had such a great weekend. Loved reading your answers and, even as a non-Christian, I agree with your sentiment about #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answer to #2 made me laugh, and reminded me of the very early years of my marriage, when I did exactly that - told my husband that the towels he'd folded weren't done "correctly". I don't think he's ever folded towels since - it's been a running joke between us for over 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since hubby retired and I'm still working, I've been trying to reliquish control of a few things . . .but it drives me nuts sometimes :-)

      Delete