Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sunday Stealing!

 I'm joining up with the other thieves today!! Thanks to Bev for the prompts which she stole from Compassion, Intl. I must admit that is an unusual place to have these types of questions. I thought maybe I misunderstood but I clicked on her link and that is where it took me!

1. What three words best describe you? Always too loud! Actually, I can be quiet but get me excited or let me tell a funny story and I get louder and louder!

2. What makes you unique? I think we are all pretty unique. Even my husband and his identical twin brother have their own personalities . . .which can be very different at times. I’m not sure what makes me unique. I feel like I’ve overcome a lot of things in my life which often gives me a perspective that others might not have.

3. Who is someone important in your life? All of my people are important! Mark and the kids and the in-laws and the granddaughters and my sisters and other in-laws. They are all important. I also have friends who are very important to me. On Friday night, I got to hang out with four other women. We had one in her 30’s, two in their early 40’s, one who turned 50 this past year, and me . . .65! We had the best time. Our long-time supper club people are VERY important to me, too. I can’t imagine doing life without them. As I’m typing these words, I realize how very blessed we are to be surrounded by such amazing people.

4. What is something that always makes you laugh? When I see and hear a baby laughing one of those deep belly laughs, I ALWAYS laugh, too!! Lots of things make me laugh. We went to a play on Thursday night and at one point Mark leaned over and said, “you must really think this is funny!” I did and I was laughing!!

5. Who is someone who can always cheer you up? Any one of the people I mentioned in #3 could cheer me up!!

6. When was a time you were really proud of yourself? I was really proud of myself in December when I received an A in my second Biology class.

7. What is something that is difficult for you? Evidently Biology is! I’m taking American Lit this semester (and next) and poetry is also difficult for me. I prefer practical and sometimes I scratch my head when I read that “so and so means such and such.” Really? There are other more important things that are difficult for me, too. I’m not good with sick people. Even though I’m “old” I’m not great with old people either hahaha!

8. What three places would you love to travel to? South American, England, Scotland – right now, those aren’t on our upcoming trips but I hope to go there. Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam are also on my list.

9. What is a fun memory you have with your best friend? Spending the day at their lake house and riding in the boat is always fun!!

10. If you could have dessert for breakfast, what would you eat? I’ve never been a huge fan of sweets in the morning. I might choose oatmeal cookies because they are sort of breakfast food, right? I don’t eat sugar but there is a cookie – Alyssa’s – and they don’t have added sugar. I could definitely eat those for breakfast.

11. If you published a book or wrote a movie, what would it be about? Let’s see . . .I could probably write a book about the crazy things people have said at church. Someone called and asked, “what time is the noon day service”? Duh! I’ve given talks about my own story, so I guess I could write a book about that. No one would ever read it but I could write it.

12. Which is easier, math or English? It depends on what level we are talking about! Growing up, I was decent in math – made A’s. I think I’m better at English.

13.What three things make you the happiest? Three things that make me happy are the smile of a loved one, sunshine, and being with those I love!

14. What is an event in your life that has shaped who you are today? See #11 and see #2 – my mom died when I was 15. My dad died when I was 25. When I was 18, I married my high school sweetheart and we were married 18 months and then he left . . .later to find out, he was gay. He has since died of AIDS. My life has been a series of ups and downs just like everyone else. I do think those three things shaped me a lot.

15. Which is more important, being kind or being honest? Have y’all seen the jewelry – there is a ring and a bracelet. The engraving is “I am kind . . . . . . . of a bitch! Please forgive me but I think that is hysterical for some reason! I think being kind is super important but I also think being honest is, too.


15 comments:

  1. #1. That sounds like me. I regard myself as quite introverted and a little shy but get me going and I too can be loud. People don't think I am shy - but I am.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm an extroverted introvert. People would never think I'm shy either, but I definitely can be.

      Delete
  2. Yes, baby laughter is contagious for sure. Well done on your test!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good answers. My husband always cheers me up.
    Hope you have a lovely rest of the day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat oatmeal almost every morning, but I had not thought of consuming it in cookie form!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oatmeal cookie sounds lots better than a "bowl" of oatmeal, right??

      Delete
  5. I'd love to see a book about crazy church happenings. My late uncle (an undertaker with a wicked sense of humor) always threatened to write "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Funeral."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good with sick or old people, either, which is going to be a problem since I'm old and sick! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In answer to your question about hitchiking: https://www.rogerogreen.com/2011/03/05/hitching-a-ride-questions/

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I thought I had already answered. Reading the funny church happenings would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete