Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Full, Fun, February Hodgepodge

 I'm joining up with Joyce and friends for Wednesday Hodgepodge - thanks for the questions.

1. February is coming to a close. Give us a two-word phrase that tells us something about how yours went. First, I must ask . . .how in the world is February coming to a close? Now to answer the question – how about “full and fun”? I’m not counting the “and.”

2. If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on? Explain. I am at the top of the Tower of Terror . . .about to drop! That is really way too dramatic but I do have my mid-term this week and between living normal life, working full-time, and trying to study, I do feel as if I’m perched on the edge.

3. What's something on your desk or a nearby wall that cheers you up when you see it or walk past? I don’t have our Easter decorations out yet BUT I did buy this precious wooden bunny tray on Saturday, and he is so cute. I decided to go ahead and leave him out. I bought him at WALMART!! Just in case anyone is panicking. I do move him when I turn on the oven.



4.  Are you a salad eater? How many salads do you typically eat in a week? Your favorite kind of salad? I love a good salad! I eat several per week. I have a few favorites – a local Italian/Pizza (Pizzeria GM) restaurant has a SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUTS, PEAR, DRIED CRANBERRIES, PECAN, GORGONZOLA, & BACON W/ MAPLE-BALSAMIC DRESSING (copied from their menu) and I always add grilled shrimp. It is delicious. There is another local restaurant (Greenhouse) near my office and they have The Greenhouse salad which is mixed greens, romaine, watercress, pickled onion, tomato, goat cheese, salad crunch, avocado, Goddess vinaigrette and I add chicken. Can you tell that I prefer salad as a meal, not as a side? Our newest at home favorite is the Maple Bourbon Bacon salad kit. It is yummy!



5. Without telling us the category give us your top five:

(not necessarily in this order)

Strawberries

Watermelon

Cara Cara Oranges

Blueberries

Bananas

25 comments:

  1. I would find the pressure of school to be a lot on top of everything else. You seem to be managing it all well! Good luck on your midterm. I don't have my Easter things out yet either. I don't have a lot, but normally put out a few things, more spring than Easter I guess, but I do have a ceramic bunny my mom made me when I was a child and I love ot get it out this time of year. Easter is so early this year that it's throwing me off a little. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pressure does get to me every once in a while -- especially when big projects are due or it is mid-term or final time. I went into the mid-term with an A but I have no idea how I did on the test.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I too would like to make my salad a meal. If you add enough protein then it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been eating Costco chicken and salad all week :-)

      Delete
  3. I want to try that (new to me) salad kit! Your bunny tray is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try the salad? I've eaten it at least three times this week . . .maybe four!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your test. That salad sounds good. I eat an apple every day. Sometimes I have it with peanut butter. Your bunny tray is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mid-term is behind me. Next up is our research paper!

      Delete
  5. We will have to try to find that salad kit - sounds delicious and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on that mid-term! You've got it! Love the bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck on your mid term!!!
    I love the bunny... I am a huge fan of bunnies.
    I have several of them in my decor year around.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister used to have a few bunnies and then everyone (including me) started giving her bunnies for every occasion. Pretty soon . . . she had a year round collection.

      Delete
  8. Yes, blessings on your mid-term! I'm a big fan of bunnies and that one is too cute. I have a beautiful bunny family and that's pretty much the only Easter decor I put out any more. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you all the best as you prepare for that midterm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bunny tray. Glad you move it before turning on those burners! LOL. Love your stove top!! I have my Easter bin out and will decorate soon. I hope your mid-term goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dragged out some of the other Easter decorations today! I love my stove, too. I had wanted one for at least 20 years. I've always said, "I want a red knob stove." Now I have a range, a wall oven, and a speed oven (which is microwave, convection, and who knows what else) . . .all from the red knob company and I feel truly spoiled!

      Delete
  11. Wow. You are incredibly busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my husband nor I can just sit around. We like to have things to do.

      Delete
  12. I love the Taylor Farms salads. So good. Your backsplash looks a lot like mine. Love that bunny tray. I hope your midterm goes well.

    ReplyDelete