Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Thinking about the HodgePodge

 

I’m joining up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. She asks the questions and we answer and link up!

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imaginative thinking) or original thinker (creative)? What makes you say so? You can try this little quiz (link here) to help with your answer.  I had to take the test! These are my results and I somewhat agree. I thought I would be more “doer” and less “inventor.”

Doer: 38%
Analyst: 25%
Orator: 75%
Inventor: 63%
Original Thinker: 63%

2. Do you own a crock pot, air fryer, and/or instapot? Do you leave said small appliance sitting out? How often do you use it/them? Favorite thing to make in one of these? I own 3 crockpots. They live on a nice shelf in our garage. I use them often for Tuesday nights when we feed the young professionals. We fed 18 last night. I love making this recipeand the young adults will clean out three crockpots of this soup. I have a small air fryer and I have a spot for it in my pantry. I wanted one that was small enough that I could lift it out and put on a counter when needed, and then put it away. I use it about once a week or so and I mainly use it for frozen French fries. I LOVE French fries but try not to eat the ones that are actually “fried.” I allow myself to have the real thing a few times a year. I do not have an instapot. I personally love clean countertops and I do not like cluttered countertops at all.


3. What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things? Last week, I mentioned that love means allowing your husband to fold the towels and not refold them. I really love to have our towels all rolled with the “finished” edge toward the front. I guess you can tell that I actually have a strong opinion on how the towels are folded.

4. Describe the view from your window. This is part of the view from our front windows (not today's view). We live on a park and when everything is green and lush . . .or when the leaves on the trees are orange and yellow and red are two of my favorite times to see this view. I also love to see children (especially our grandgirls) and dogs running happily all over the park.


5. Do you have a favorite brand? Explain. I love real post-it notes. I do not like the fake ones. I also love my Apple watch and I-phone. My most favorite brand would be Diet Pepsi 😊.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I turned in a project for my American Lit class today and I am not confident about what my grade might be. It had to be done in a PowerPoint Presentation – I’ve made slides in PowerPoint before BUT items had to be cited in MLA fashion and even though I have the book and the internet, I’m 99% sure that I did those citations incorrectly. Also, I’m not sure I provided enough information about old Benjamin Franklin and his “The Way to Wealth” essay. These are those things that are so easy for a 19 year old but not necessarily as easy for this 65 year old.

7 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is beautiful!! Good luck for a good grade on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the Post-It notes! Now I'm wondering if your cream cheese chicken chili isn't that same as what we love, but the recipe link isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the link -- https://www.plainchicken.com/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-crack-chicken/

      Delete
  3. I hope you get a good grade. I can't imagine being back in school right now. My memory is not anywhere near what it used to be so I congratulate you for going for it! Your new kitchen is lovely. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say... you have me laughing about REAL Post it Notes... I am the same!!! ;-) It made me laugh because I had some JUNK ones.

    Good luck with your grade!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete