Monday, April 24, 2023

Weekend in Review

A little bit of theater, fellowship with friends, a couple of margaritas, and time with family equals a pretty good weekend!

We have season tickets for a local theater and Thursday was opening night. The play had a golf theme and I was a little worried that I wouldn't understand. It turns out that it was one of the funniest plays I've seen and the acting was superb!! Our friend, Marietta, was the director and she is so talented. I, along with the rest of the audience, laughed loud and often! Before the show, we had dinner with friends and the city has declared the area around the theater an "entertainment district." That means we could buy margaritas at the taco restaurant next door and take them with us into the theater.


Friday morning, I ran over to the house to check on a couple of things. We are making slow progress but we are making progress.




School was out for our oldest granddaughter so we kept her on Friday and had so much fun. She and Pops played Barbies (in the closet - she loves small spaces), we went to one of the neighborhood parks, and she and I ate lunch downstairs at the Italian restaurant (Vecchia). Once again, the pictures below are out of order.






After her mommy picked her up, I took dinner to one of our neighbors who is recovering from surgery and then I went to another neighbor's house to look at her paint - Agreeable Gray. I mentioned this before but if any of you have that paint color, please send pictures!

When I was leaving that neighbor's house, another neighbor called my name and I walked to her house to see the baby duck she had brought home from school for the weekend.

Saturday morning I made a Weight Watchers Pound Dropper Banana Bread. It was pretty good!! I used White Lily Self Rising flour because it is my favorite and I used unsweetened apple sauce instead of the light butter. I can taste either the baking soda or baking powder -- I think the soda. Is it salty?

In early evening, Mark and I ran to Target for a pick up order of a 25 pound box of cat litter. It is so nice when they load it into the car! I think Barbie was shopping in Target because her car was in the parking lot. It even had a pink steering wheel.

I wasn't dressed to go out for dinner (shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops) and so we stopped at Taco Mama to get take-outs. We ended up eating there and of course, we saw people I know. Why is it that if you go somewhere looking terrible, you ALWAYS see people you know?? The pomegranate margarita was delicious along with my shrimp tacos. Yes, if you are counting that means I had a margarita on Thursday night and a margarita on Saturday night. That is a big drinking week for me. :-)

Sunday morning I worked the welcome desk at church and then we had lunch as a family. Later in the afternoon, Mark and I walked back over to the house and they have started the sheetrock!!




I bought a magnetic nail picker-upper
that someone told me about (Joyce?)
and we picked up about 40 dry wall
screws


No comments:

Post a Comment