Saturday, April 22, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Many thanks to Bev who steals the questions for us each week! Join us by answering the questions in the comments or by copying and pasting the questions into your own blog. You can link up here. 

1. Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I want to be beautiful and smart! I don’t want to trade either for the other.

 

2. If everything in your house had to be one color what would it be? This question has made me stop and think. I guess if I could only have one color for everything – walls, ceiling, furniture – I would go with off white. That would be so boring! We are having a hard enough time picking out a single wall color. I think we are going with Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. Anyone have that color in their house? If so, please send pictures!

 

3. What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak? Any animal that could eat you . . .so . . .Lisa . . .I’m going to take a giant bite out of you and then I’m going to slowly eat the rest of you! That is gross and terrifying. Is a spider an animal? (just googled it) Can you imagine the spider saying, “boo” as you accidentally bumped into his web?? Now I’m going to have nightmares.

Have you ever heard this joke? A priest is being chased through the woods by a hungry bear.

As the priest is running, he makes an impassioned plea to God: Oh please God, in your infinite wisdom and mercy, turn this bear into a good Christian!

Before he can get another word out, he trips over a log and goes sprawling. The bear catches up and approaches the terrified priest. Rising up on its hind legs, it puts its paws together, and says

“Lord, thank you for this meal that I am about to receive.”


 

4. How do you procrastinate? This is embarrassing to admit, but I procrastinate by eating. I procrastinate in other ways, too. I may be procrastinating right now as I type these words.

 

5. If you had a warning label, what would yours say? My negative warning label would be: Extremely volatile – don’t push too many buttons – may explode. My positive one would be: Beware – she laughs loudly and often.

 

6. Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or life without dessert? Since I don’t eat dessert already, I’m choosing that one!

 

7. If one animal was made the size of an elephant, which would be the scariest? I’m still thinking about the animal question early. A spider the size of an elephant would be terrifying.

 

8. If you were reincarnated as a famous landmark, which would it be? I don’t believe in reincarnation but I’ll play along. For those of you who do believe in reincarnation, can you actually come back as a landmark? If so, I want to be a place where lots of people visit. How about the Cliffs of Moher? They are amazing and beautiful.

photo taken when we were in
Ireland in October of 2021

9. What celebrity chef would you like to make you dinner? We have quite a few award winning chefs here in Birmingham. It might be fun to have Chris Hastings (local – James Beard award; best chef in the U.S. back in 2012, and more) come to my house and cook. If Anthony Bourdain was still living, I would want him.

 

10. How much would someone have to pay you to eat a spider? Now I’m really going to have nightmares! You would have to pay me a whole lot and even then I’m not sure it would go down. Did I tell y’all about the grasshopper in my Dole Salad box? He was still alive. Yes, he was . . .and yes, the whole gigantic box of greens went in the trash.

 


11. If you joined a circus, what would your circus act be? I’m not skilled in any circus acts, but it would be cool to be the lion tamer (that is probably not a politically correct term anymore and I do hate to see those lions caged up). Let’s skip the animals . . .I think I want to be a trapeze artist . . . or maybe I could be the ring master?

 

12. Do you have any superstitions? My mom had several superstitions when she was alive. I try not to have superstitions but I always think about them when I see a black cat crossing the road.

 

13. What cheesy song do you have memorized? Does the theme from Gilligan’s Island count as cheesy?

 

14. What’s something weird that you recommend everyone try at least once? My friend recently made a curry dip. The curry dip was in the center of the tray and Fritos were on one side and pineapple was on the other. It was so good – the curry, salty, and sweet. My own would be a peanut butter, banana, and mayo sandwich. Peanut butter on one piece of bread and a light coating of mayo on the other with sliced banana in the middle.

 

15. What do you think is the most unpleasant sounding word? Moist! I hate that word!

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Cliffs of Moher. Loved your joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go back to Ireland. We loved it and the Cliffs of Moher are truly amazing!

      Delete
  2. Of course the Gilligan's Island theme counts. Good stuff! I love how you answered (part B) of #5. We need more laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful landmark you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the theme from Gilligan's Island is cheesy. I also know that in season two, they changed the lyrics from "and the rest" to "the Professor and Mary Ann." I was a Mary Ann fan more than a Ginger fan.
    I can be very loud when I laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You answered these so well! I took one look and didn't even try. Have a blessed day and let's hope there is never a spider the size of an elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really afraid I would have nightmares about giant spiders!

      Delete
  6. A talking spider? That's straight out of a horror story. One the size of an elephant would make me leave the planet.

    10. I would have done exactly the same.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband tried to convince me to serve the salad anyway. NO! Just NO!

      Delete
  7. I loved your joke. And I don't think people are reincarnated as landmarks or anything not alive. I suppose they could be trees, starting from the nut or seed (so they couldn't be a current California redwood). Maybe that's why the grass screams when we cut it with the mower . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all I can think about is grass screaming OUCH!

      Delete
  8. Would you get any of your warning label printed?
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curry is something I ought to try again, as I have absolutely hated it in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dip was really good - especially with the pineapple!

      Delete