Friday, April 14, 2023

Time -- Girl Time

Time spent with family is sweet -- especially time spent with granddaughters.
A couple of weeks ago I headed about an hour and a half south to our daughter's home while Mark, Scott (son-in-law), Glenn (son), and Wynn (friend) went to the farm.

For lunch we headed to Sweet Creek - it is sort of a Farmer's Market with a restaurant and a lot of animals and a really cool playground.


The main playground area is built OVER a combine. The kids can even climb up and sit in the driver's seat.


They have a HUGE chicken coop with all sorts of chickens. Look at the top of head poof and poofs on the white chicken feet!



Sweet granddaughter was afraid to come down the big dark slide by herself. One of the children in my daughter's 3rd grade class was there and she slid down with her. Look at that expression of joy on her face. She was sliding by herself after a couple of times with a big friend.


We looked at all of the chickens.


We took a selfie in the little gazebo outside the coffee shop. I forgot to say that there is a coffee shop there, too. It was a really warm day!


There are two kinds of swings - tires made into tractors and tires made into horses.


She refused to sit on the John Deere tractor seat for her picture but did agree to stand there.


You can see how big and dark and long the slides are!!


We played at home in the afternoon and had planned to cook and eat but decided at the last minute to go to the Mexican restaurant that is really close to their house. We didn't even make her change out of her Mirabel costume.

I evidently had on ZERO make up
that day and I look so washed out!

I started writing this post several weeks ago. The internet is so slow at the apartment that I start writing and then get frustrated when I try to load pictures!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE those green glasses! Before the kids' move to Jordan Lake we'd pass Sweet Creek on the way to their home. Now I wish we'd have stopped and shopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those green glasses are part of the Mirabel costume! Y'all could drive over there one day for lunch. It probably wouldn't take long. I think I told you that Mark's aunt used to have a place on Lake Jordan and we would go down often!!

      Delete
  2. Such fun photos!! I love all the smiles! Thanks for sharing!! xo

    ReplyDelete