Just FYI - I am running behind this week. I watched a Time Management Ted Talk for one of my classes and I do know that I have the same number of hours in a week that everyone else has . . .but whew!
Also, since I am late writing this -- let's all extend lots of love and sympathy and prayers to Joyce, our host, and her family on the death of her mother.
1. How do you
feel about the transition from lazy summer days to a busier fall routine? Since my summer days are not "lazy," that is not a transition from me. My August and September are very busy this year so I hit the ground running every day. I do love the fall colors and plan to pull out the fall decorations on Labor Day weekend.
2. Your
favorite cookie? Our friend, Donna Nelson, makes a white chocolate, almond, and coconut cookie that is to die for. I don't really eat sweets anymore, but sometimes I will have a bite of hers. I also LOVE a good homemade chocolate chip cookie - Donna also makes excellent chocolate chip cookies! Most of the time I eat Alyssa's oatmeal cookies that you can purchase in the deli/bakery area of your local Publix. They have no added sugar.
3. What's
something you've learned from a culture different than your own? I've learned so much from reading blogs written by others who live in the UK or Australia. I also love learning about cultures when we travel. We've eaten dinner twice with families in Palestine. Let me just say that sitting around a table, eating food cooked by someone's mama, and sharing our lives makes you think differently about others.
4. Food critic,
film critic, book critic, art critic...which hat would you most like to wear?
Tell us why. I think I would really enjoy being a food critic. I would want to be a world-wide food critic. I might have a hard time eating a few things especially things that are still alive. I would have to take Mark along to sample those items haha! I would try to always find something positive to say first.
5. What's a
small, random thing from your childhood that you still remember clearly? I had a stuffed monkey that I loved. I sucked on his banana until it fell apart - that sounds so yucky now! I also remember playing with play dough and coloring in a coloring book. I still enjoy playing with play dough and coloring! I also remember sitting in our swing with my daddy and how my little hand felt in his big callused hand.
6. Insert your
own random thought here. Someone else said they have a hard time with the random thoughts. So do I.
.png)

Your friend's cookies sound amazing! I love cookies with all the yummy add-ins:) That's a sweet photo of you and your dad!!
ReplyDeleteThose cookies do sound good. Sweet memories from your youth. A precious photo of you and your dad on that swing.
ReplyDeletePlay Dough! I can still smell that adorable little pot's contents. One of these days I might actually buy one, to open and inhale when the whim strikes. Ha!
ReplyDeleteMy grandparents had a swing like that in their yard. My sister and cousins and I played in it a lot.
ReplyDeleteWhen I lived in the States and had an oven, I curated a collection of The Best cookie recipes. I baked the heck out of cookies, all year round. Loved doing it, loved sharing them, loved eating them. But I never found a Snickerdoodle recipe that I could get exactly right.
ReplyDeleteI would pay good money for a homemade snickerdoodle. NOT store bought. I mean, I'd pay less for a manufactured snickerdoodle. They taste different.