Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday Stealing -- Bragger??



This week's meme is inspired by Bragger, a blogger who enjoyed memes "so I don't have to think" about a topic for her posts. She stole this one from Tense Teacher, sadly, who took her blog down.

Cheers to all of us thieves!

When You Can't Think of Anything to Blog About ...

1) Describe your typical weekend, and tell us how this weekend has been different. My work week is Sunday through Thursday. Since I've been back in school, my Fridays usually include a lot of homework. I usually order groceries to be delivered. Most weekends, we have at least one outing planned with friends. I wash our sheets and remake the bed. I do my work laundry (I do it separately from the other regular laundry). I ride my stationary bike. Our Sundays include church and Sunday School and work for me. How is this weekend different? I took my final on Thursday night. It was five essay questions and the time limit was five hours!!! I was finished around the three hours and fifteen minutes mark. She hasn't graded the finals yet, and I'll be honest. I'm not sure I turned in A work. I headed into the final with a strong A . . .we shall see. The professor also hasn't graded a video presentation, so there are two big assignments hanging. Guess what that meant? Friday was a free day!! I still washed our sheets, but I went for a pedicure. Heaven. I am writing this on Saturday morning (early) while Mark is still asleep. Today, I will go to my regular WW (Weight Watchers) meeting. I forgot to include that in my typical weekend description. I will leave the meeting and drive about 20 minutes where I will be getting a one hour massage. I have two weeks before Fall A semester begins. I told Mark last night that I would not mind going to the Summit (outdoor shopping mall) or the Outlet Mall this afternoon. We might go to a restaurant for dinner. Sunday will still be a work day, but I am in charge of the hospitality workshop. I have worked on my Powerpoint, but I'm not sure it is good enough. I am having self-doubts. On Sunday night, we will eat dinner with friends. We are meeting at The Pita Stop Express and I love middle Eastern food. I usually order shrimp kebabs over a big salad. Are y'all eating salads again? I'm still not sure about eating one.

2) What food hits your bliss spot? French fries are one of my very favorite foods but I don't allow myself to eat real ones (actually fried, not air fried) very often. I also love a good steak that melts in my mouth! A couple of weeks ago, I baked some loaves of bread using bread dough from the grocery store. I must admit that a bite of warm bread with real butter hits my bliss spot, too!

3) Where did you stay on your last vacation (hotel, Airbnb/Vrbo, friends/family)? When we went to the beach in June, we stayed in a four bedroom condo rented through Vacasa. We recently stayed one night with our daughter's in-laws, which wasn't a vacation. Last fall, our vacation was on a small cruise ship plus a hotel room in Amsterdam. When we go to England and Ireland this fall, we will stay in hotel rooms.

4) If you had a personality eraser, what part of yours would you erase? I would erase the part of me that can be quite snarky and snappy at times. I would like to erase the selfish parts of me, please. I would also erase my lack of self-confidence.

5) Think of your friends. Tell us about the first one who popped into your head. One of my closest friends is Phella. I actually used her as the basis for my Relationship Timeline project in my Communications class this semester! We met when our babies were teeny tiny. Laura and Glenn were six weeks old. Phella's son, Chris, was maybe two and she was pregnant with her middle child when we met. She is my "ride or die." She knows my deepest darkest secrets haha! We have been blessed with several good friends and I can't imagine doing life without them.

Thank you for plaing! Please join us again next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment