Monday, August 3, 2026

Weekend in Review

 I'm actually embarrassed to write about our weekend because we did so little!

On Thursday night, we met our out-to-eat supper club at Curry Corner, which is a new restaurant to us! I took one photo of my messy plate! I ordered Shrimp Masala and it was yummy! Mark ordered something really spicy! Not me! We also shared some Naan bread. This is our summer group and we've enjoyed it so much that we are going to meet again in August so we may have crossover with our fall group.


 I had a hair appointment at 9:00 a.m. on Friday and Mark left early that morning for the farm. Before I left home, I stripped our bed and had the sheets in the washer. On the way home from my haircut, I stopped at Costco and bought a lot of stuff! We are going to have a hotdog bar for the young adults on Tuesday night and I bought "dinner franks," canned baked beans, organic tortilla chips, queso, hotdog buns, plus two graphic tees for me. I also bought a watermelon, blueberries, and strawberries, a huge container of kraut, pre-cooked shrimp, and a big container of Grillos pickle spears. I also placed a Target order for delivery and a Walmart order for delivery. Good grief!

I also wrote two papers and a presentation for school. Whew.

The other thing I did on Friday was spend two hours on the phone with the insurance broker, Gin. She was helping me figure out which insurance I need for my new medicare. Boo! How can I be old enough? Our insurance at work changed this year and I decided this was the time to bite the bullet with Medicare part B. I am going with Blue Advantage Premier. Blue Cross of Alabama is good - I understand some other states aren't so lucky.

I wrote way into the night . . .

and then fell asleep.

On Saturday morning, guess what I did? More writing! I also worked on my Sunday School lesson. 

Every day I rode my stationary bike. 

On Saturday I also ironed my clothes for this week.

After Mark arrived home from the farm, we made a Trader Joe's stir fry vegetable pack and added shrimp. Fancy dinner, right? haha!

On Sunday morning, I headed to work. My boss posted this photo from his drone. Our church takes up one full block and then to the left of this photo, we have a parking lot that is a block wide/long (which isn't enough parking, but we are landlocked). There are houses all around us plus another church - a big Baptist church is next door.

At 9:45 I ran up to the third floor to teach our adult Sunday School class. We talked about being good neighbors and how God calls us to love our neighbors. It was actually a fun lesson to teach with some interaction from the class.

Our friend Cindy had her first chemo this week and they were in Sunday School. She didn't feel well but said coming to church was a non-negotiable at this point. She is trying to figure out the right amount of nausea meds to control the nausea without making her a zombie.

After teaching, I ran back down to the welcome desk to finish out the morning.

Our sweet son and daughter-in-law had invited us to drive to their house after church for Sunday lunch. Mark and I went in separate cars since I had to stay longer at the church. Our son grilled a pork tenderloin and roasted baby potatoes and carrots in the oven. He tossed the carrots in a little honey and sriracha - they were yummy. I had purchased some fresh corn and Mark brought several ears of corn and Glenn had the water boiling so we dropped them in for 8 minutes.

We played several hands of Uno and Old Maid - all five of us (10 year old granddaughter, too).

We got to meet their new cat - they call her Taco, but her name is really Penelope? She is cute.

After our daughter-in-law and granddaughter met Laura's new kitty, Milo, a couple of weeks ago . . .they decided they needed another cat. They have one cat, one dog, and nineteen chickens, plus now a kitten - a real menagerie.

Mark stayed to play Barbies and I headed home. I recorded my presentation on the Unhealthy Coping Mechanism of Emotional Eating! I don't think it is an A presentation. I'm just being honest. The final is this week and I'm ready for these summer semesters to be over. Following the end of the week final, I will have a two week break before fall semester begins. 

We both rode our exercise bikes this afternoon and I made some Pound Dropper Gingerbread muffins. I also meal prepped my lunches -- Quinoa with chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, feta, and a little salad dressing. I am ready to eat lettuce again . . .but I don't want "explosive . . ." - y'all know! We also had a pineapple that was ripe so I cut it up and put it in a bowl in the fridge.

We usually do more fun things on the weekend . . . 

So . . . tell me . . .did you do fun things this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment