I know it is now Monday night . . .but I've been busy! On Thursday night, I took my final - 3 hours and 15 minutes worth of writing. I'm still waiting on the grade, but I have a high A in the class so unless I totally bombed it . . .I should have an A - yay!
On Friday, I went for a pedicure. Oh my goodness! I needed to sit in massage chair and just rest a minute!
Mark came home from the farm and we didn't do anything that night.
On Saturday morning, I went to WW and then I had an appointment for an hour long massage. Yes, two treats in one weekend. On my way home, I went to Trader Joe's to buy flowers for Sunday's workshop. Having a front seat of flowers was sort of fun!
We didn't do much of anything else. It was so hot that I didn't want to do anything. I think it rained again! We actually sat on our front porch for a little while before the rain.
I was at work by 6:45 on Sunday morning. There was a wedding at the church on Saturday evening so I could not set up for the Hospitality workshop. I made flower arrangements for all of the tables. Teal is one of the colors we use a lot in our "Hey Neighbor" logo and I found some inexpensive teal tablecloths. The workshop was well attended. We had about 60 people. We watched about 10 minutes of an Andy Stanley video where he talks about an inward focused church vs. an outward focused church. I did a power point presentation that lasted about 20-25 minutes - included some table discussions. We fed everyone some Full Moon BBQ and sides. I think it was a success.
Here are some random photos from the weekend that our family took at various events.
| This is our daughter - this will be year 14 for her as a teacher! She is back to third grade. This was on meet the teacher night! |
| Check - this class is over!! Woo hoo! |
| This is our sweet middle granddaughter at meet the teacher night. She attends the same school where her mama is a teacher. She is healing nicely from her "shattered shower door" incident. |
![]() |
| It was "blessing of the backpacks" at their church on Sunday. Our daughter found a clear plastic one for the little so she didn't feel left out. |
![]() |
| This is our oldest granddaughter. She went to "meet the teacher" today. She is so grown up. |


These back-to-school images are so great; and I'm loving your daughter's dress! That image of "little girl Laura" beside her daughters is priceless. Don't you suppose, haircuts-gone-wrong are a rite of passage? I've got my own -- under lock and key, lol.
ReplyDeleteI loved all of your photos today, and that dress being passed down is beyond precious! You are always so busy!! Glad you got some down time to be pampered a bit!! Have a happy week!! xo
ReplyDeleteThat's nice they all could wear the same dress! I have a daughter who teaches 3rd grade also. Not sure what year this is for her.
ReplyDelete