Joyce writes the questions and we join up! Come on and join the group!
1. I saw a meme on Instagram that went like this-'The
movie Dirty Dancing came out in 1987 and was set in 1963, so if remade in 2026
it would be set in 2002. Now I need a little lie down in a dark room for a
while."
Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year
2002? Where was I in 2002? I think our kids were Freshmen in high school . . .so I was driving people everywhere in my big Expedition. I always drove carpool to school and they were involved in youth choir and youth activities at church so we were burning up the road between Hoover and Homewood. I was a SAHM at that time.
2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's
something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway? I don't know that these things scare me . . . but I really want to go up in a hot air balloon and I want to zip-line through some trees.
3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Which melon is your
favorite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Of the watermelon
food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...I love a good watermelon . . .and I love a good ripe cantaloupe or honeydew. They are all sooo good!
watermelon salsa~watermelon feta salad~watermelon sorbet~
a watermelon Jolly Rancher~a watermelon margarita
4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a
middle child? If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of
origin? Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate. I am the baby. I had two older sisters and I'm pretty sure I was spoiled. Our mom died when I was 15 and my daddy did spoil me (some). I am bossy and still boss my middle sister if we are together. Mark asked her why she put up with it. I guess she loves me haha!
5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for
a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people?
Explain. It depends on what kind of mood I'm in and if I'm already "peopled out." I do love talking to everyone at the party for a short time, but I love a real conversation at some point during the event.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
.png)

Ah yes, all that driving back in the day. Mine were in dance and we logged some miles. Great conversations were had in the car though and I loved that. I am pretty sure I bossed my younger sister : )
ReplyDeleteI love your #6; I really needed that today! I am feeling unsettled and emotional and maybe I need to be reminded that life is good.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you were so busy with family life in 2002.
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of ziplining but would need to get over my fear of heights first.
In 2002 I had an elementary age son and I was always running him somewhere between school, sports, friends house and music lessons.
ReplyDeleteI felt overwhelmed sometimes and now I miss those hectic days.
I was bossy too. I bossed my sister a lot. I also cut her favorite Barbies hair short.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your random!!
xo
2002 was the minivan era for me!! Ah, the SAHM life...it was good times, for sure!
ReplyDeleteBossy first-born, here! My youngest sister was definitely spoiled, but she thinks she is a victim. Sigh. Long story... Another interesting Hodgepodge from our hostess, Joyce!! Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteBeing an 'only' child I, too, was spoiled ... I'm still unapologetic, haha. Wish I were brave enough to attempt zip-lining. That looks like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteWell Miss Bossy, some of us need a good boss to keep us on track! :)
ReplyDeleteThose car pooling days were something. You had the right car for it! Enjoying the moments here! Have a beautiful evening!
Zip lining scares me! I should have thought of that answer.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how many want to go up in a hot air balloon....not me and my hubby keeps trying to get me to do it. Zip lining too..no thanks
ReplyDelete