This post has a ridiculous number of food pictures and random pictures. After work on Thursday, we met our long-time friends for dinner at Soho Taco. My shrimp kebabs and black beans were yummy!
After we ate, we walked around the corner to the Homewood Theater for the season opener. This is our least favorite "entertainment" of the season. It just isn't our kind of music, but we love the theater - the rest of the shows will be plays and they will be really good.
On Friday morning, I had a 7:15 a.m. doctor's appointment and I was in and out by 7:55! I headed back home and did some laundry and rode the stationary bike and then headed back to Homewood to meet three friends for lunch at ZoZo's.
It was a weekend of eating . . .we met Mark's twin brother and wife and her cousin and spouse at Stix. The cousin and spouse were in town for a dental conference.
Mark enjoyed sushi -- the tuna was minced which was very different.
I was disappointed we didn't sit at the cooking tables, but I was able to order shrimp . . .like I would have ordered if they were preparing tableside. We both ate my leftovers on Saturday - 3 meals (plus some still went in the trash!)
On Saturday, it was HOT here in Alabama. It was opening day for the fifth grade tackle football team (along with the other teams). Most other school systems cancelled their outdoor activities on Saturday, but not this one. Our oldest granddaughter was cheering so Gran and Pops loaded up and headed 30 minutes southeast. See the two blue tents? She is the cheerleader "between" the two tents.
It was so HOT! Did I already say that? haha!
I had on my hat to cover the tops of my ears (remember I had a sqamous cell removed a couple of years ago). I had on sunglasses and had my neck fan. When we stood up, the back of our shorts was wet - seriously hot.
As soon as they completed their dance routine, they called it and we all left. The teams they were supposed to play had backed out so the team was divided and they were playing against each other.
While driving to the game, we had decided to stop at Aldi on the way home and buy charcuterie stuff. It was too hot to cook. Our friend, Marietta, who is one of my monthly lunch bunch friends (ZoZo's above), brought us a cute reusable bag. I still had it in my purse from lunch on Friday and we used it at Aldi. We bought my favorite crackers and cheese and turkey and other fancy meats, along with olives. The bag folds back flat and fits in the square with the kitty cat face!
We had the baby dills, mini saltines, and carrots at home. We usually have figs or dates, but all I had was prunes haha! We were still hot from the football game so came in the door and I went straight to the shower! While Mark was showering, I started putting together our plates. It wasn't really a charcuterie, but more of a cold cut plate.
I worked on Sunday morning! Everyone was back in worship - it was a great Sunday. Our new campus opened and they are already out of space. They literally used every chair in the building (even kid's chairs) and people still had to stand (photo below).
We even had fog bubbles greeting everyone. All of the kids loved the bubbles.
I taught Sunday school and afterwards we had family over for lunch. I thought I would grab a picture of all of us at the table, but that didn't happen!
We had a weekend full of eating and fellowship!




No comments:
Post a Comment