1. August 19th is National Aviation Day...do you like to
fly? Last time you were on an airplane? The date is chosen in honor of the
history and development of aviation, and celebrated on the birthday of Orville
Wright. Have you ever been to the Kitty Hawk area of North Carolina? The city
of Dayton in Ohio (their birthplace)
I do not like to fly, but I do fly because I love to travel. I take a combo of Ativan and Dramamine when I fly. Those 12 hour flights are a killer. I would love to go visit some places like Australia . . .or New Zealand, but I might have to fly somewhere in the middle and stay a day or two and then continue on. I was on an airplane in October and will be on an airplane again this fall. I don't think I've been to the Kitty Hawk area of North Caroline and I know I've never been to Dayton, Ohio.
2. In what area of your life do you tend to 'wing it'? Is
this an area you should be winging?
I wing it until I make it! I'm winging it as a 68 year old college student. Some days I'm winging it on my job! Some days I'm winging it through life.
3. A favorite book, song, or movie that relates to flight in some way?
The Flight Girls: A Novel - A Gripping WWII Tale of Fearless Women and Forbidden Love - I haven't read it yet so I don't know if it is a favorite, but it is loaded on my kindle ready to go. Fly Me to the Moon is not a favorite, but it did pop into my head! Leaving on a Jet Plane is another one that popped into my head. I don't know that I have a favorite.
4. Soft serve, gelato, sherbet, frozen yogurt, or good old
fashioned ice cream...what's your pleasure? Your favorite flavor? How often do
you indulge?
These days, my two favorite frozen indulgences are sugar free fudgsicles and Halo Top Salted Caramel (no sugar).
5. I never get tired of hearing the words, "I love you."
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I know I say this every semester, but I feel a little freaked out. Classes start on Monday and we already have the syllabus for the Research class. It is so much work and so far beyond my normal scope of knowledge. I will definetly be winging it. We don't have the information for our other class yet.
.png)
I wing it nearly every day. I am not really proud of it, but life can change so fast that winging it is a necessity.
ReplyDeleteYou will do well with your new semester.
I have never flown and I think it's partly fear and partly that I don't like to travel.
ReplyDeleteI often feel like I am winging it through my life and it's not a bad thing. Everything seems to work out OK.
That was such a sweet answer for question 5.
Good luck with your new semester! I am sure you will do great!
I have been on a plane when I was around 20, and not since then. (I will be 70 in October!) I am not a huge fan of travel...however, I do love seeing videos and photos of people who do travel! I don't enjoy long bus or car or train rides, either! LOL!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing!
Dramamine helps : ) We have friends in Melbourne who would love for us to visit, but the trip seems a little daunting to me these days. I might have missed my window where it would be exciting and not anxiety inducing. Europe is a pretty straight forward flight home should it be necessary, but Australia is the other side of the world. My neighbors daughters had just started their study abroad in Australia when Covid hit. They debated about bringing them home and finally decided yes that was the best course. Thank goodness because the very next day no one could leave the country. I can tell I'm getting older because I consider health care and such now when picking a destination. I hope the semester goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your research class! I'm sure you will do fine, winging it or not! I went back to school in my late 40s and was terrified, but I did it. You will do it too!! Another fun Hodgepodge!! Be happy!
ReplyDeleteI can't tell if I've read The Flight Girls yet. I was trying to search it up and couldn't find it. Who is the author? Also, best of luck as you wing it in college. Sounds like a good time to wing it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to check out that book, Flight Girls! Since my fav Keto friendly ice cream maker (Rebel) has declared bankruptcy, I need to look for Halo.
ReplyDelete