Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Hodge Podge #315
1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?
Wow - 315 sets of questions - Joyce is amazing!! Let's see . . .I was working from home yesterday at 3:15. I had been out of town helping my daughter and I got back around lunch time and worked from home. Around 3:15 . . .I need an "after school" snack, don't you? I always had a snack for my kids when they came in . . .so I think that must mean I have an afternoon slump until after a snack is consumed!!
2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
I've thrown a party . . . or three! We've been in the entertaining mode!
3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.
1. A day at the pool . . .with maybe just one friend . . .and a drink or two
2. Some extra hours in every day . . .I just need a few more hours
3. A million dollars??? Actually, for our daughter's townhome to sell very quickly
I hope you weren't asking for serious answers. I can't think of serious answers because I might scream! EEK!
4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
I think I'm strong in several ways. I think I'm strong because my mom died when I was 15 and my first husband left me after an 18 month marriage because he decided he was gay. I lived through those and many other tough times and each one of those made me stronger.
Physically . . .my legs are strong as can be - lots of muscles. My arms . . .not so much!
Some days I'm spiritually strong - BUT ONLY when I rely on Jesus and keep my eyes on him so I can't take credit for that!!
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?
I love to read. Two of my recent favorite books have been The Nightingale and Wives of War. Both of those are historical fiction. I don't usually read historical fiction but really enjoyed both of those. I actually have read The Nightingale twice and I don't usually read books two times.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It is hot as you know what here in Alabama! I truly think we could fry eggs on the sidewalk! I saw someone post on Facebook that it was too hot to even go to the pool . . .that is hot!