Friday, October 14, 2016

One of My FAVORITE places

I love driving out to our farmer's market.  Some people worry about me when I go because it is in a different part of town.  I've never felt unsafe there.  As a matter of fact, for some weird reason, I feel totally at home there.  Maybe it is because my granddaddy and my daddy both always had a big garden.  I don't make it out there very often now that I work full time but I try to go every year for my pumpkins.  (I like the farmer's market so much that my very first blog post talks about going to the farmer's market - back in 2009!!)

A couple of weeks ago, I made a trek out to the market.  I was already closer to the side of town where the market is located than normal (my office is closer than my house to the market).  I still had a couple of hours of daylight left so I was golden.
I buy my pumpkins from the same booth every year - I make the check out to Nancy Smith (and that name is easy for me to remember because we had a cousin/close friend named Nancy Smith who died a couple of years ago . . .so I feel this weird connection there, too!!)

I like to kid myself that they remember me from year to year.  Probably not . . .but I can pretend, right?

So I loaded up my cart with pumpkins for the front porch and pumpkins for the dining room table.  I also purchased two giant mums to replace our ferns on the front porch.


Love this sign!  (yes, I know I have "loved" a lot of things in this post)


Here is the dining room table.  I try to do something a little different each year.  This one seems sort of standard.  I'm going to hang some paper bats from the chandelier, I think.  Not sure what else I will do.  Any suggestions?


This last picture is grainy because I took it at 10:00 last night and I just cropped it to get just the mums and pumpkins.  I have three pumpkins on either side of the door and we have a mum on the right and left of the top step.


So what in the heck does this post have to do with anything?  Not much - but it gave me pleasure to jot it down.  It made me stop and give thanks for the things in my life as simple as pumpkins and mums . . .and a home to decorate. . . and a trip to the farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment