Thursday, October 27, 2016

Home for HodgePodge


Link up with Joyce over at "from this side of the pond" and answer her hodgepodge questions.


1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most 'at home'?
I feel really at home at my sweet mother-in-law's house.  My husband lived in that house from the time he was 12 until he went away to college.  We still eat lunch there every Sunday after church.  I feel like it is "home" to not only me but to all of our children, too!!

2. When did you last 'hit a home run' with something? Explain.
I "think" I'm hitting a home run as a Gran!  Pops is definitely hitting a home run as grandpa!




3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is 'homemade'.
I have a couple of quilts - one made by my grandmother and another made by Mark's grandmother - I love using them - I love feeling like I'm cocooned in the warm embrace of those who loved us.

4. 'A man's home is his castle'...which of the world's ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-

Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateau de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael's Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow's Nest (Ukraine)
I want to see ALL of the castles!  I would love to travel the world and I hope to at least make it to England, Scotland, and Ireland (I googled castles in Ireland JUST to make sure that there are castles in Ireland!)

5. What's a recent or upcoming plan or project that's required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
I always have homework to do when I'm teaching Sunday School and/or facilitating a study.  I also do my homework when I'm planning a shower like the one I helped host recently.  Craft projects usually require some study, too. 

6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not?
Homework for the sake of "busy work" is just ridiculous.  I think homework helps most people develop some discipline in their lives and that is a really good thing!  Can you tell I have very mixed thoughts about homework????

7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
I grew up in a small town in Alabama.  We roamed the neighborhood on our bikes or on foot.  We played kickball by the hour and we sang all sorts of songs as we pumped our legs and flew higher and higher in the swings.  One of my favorite memories is something we did before homecoming every year.  We decorated a giant truck using tissue paper crammed into chicken wire and we competed against all of the other classes.  I can still smell the big open space where we built the floats.  I can hear the laughter if I close my eyes. We had so much fun.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Several weeks ago, I told y'all (and showed a picture to you!) of a bed in the frontgate catalogue.  I ordered it last week and it came in time for our weekend company.  It is really neat!
Catalogue page

new bed in the craft room

This bed is so cool. When not in use, it looks like a LARGE suitcase with wheels.  You roll it out of the closet and unzip the suitcase.  You position a couple of things correctly.  You plug it in.  You turn the dial to inflate . . .and voilĂ  . . .as it inflates, it opens on to the metal frame.   (I must clean out my craft room - I still want to buy the $1500-$2000 piece of "furniture" for the craft room and get rid of all my other pieces.  The website says it takes 10 hours to put it together (and comments on the site verify that fact).  Anyone out there own one of these scrapbox cabinets??)  Would love to hear about it.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers and that ScrapBox cabinet looks amazing! The bed is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge today - better late than never! Have a great weekend! - Jessica

    ReplyDelete