Sunday, April 3, 2011

Around the "house" shower

Laura lived with three of her sorority sisters during her last two years of college (and they all lived on the sorority hall the year before that). The last roommate is getting married (except for Laura) and Laura and another sorority sister hosted an "around the house" shower for Ellen this weekend. Laura had the great idea to use bird "houses" as the centerpiece. Since I'm off on Friday, that was my job (along with making the chicken salad and buying the fruit and making the brown sugar brownies - which was my pleasure, I might add!). I bought the tall birdhouse (on a stick) at Hobby Lobby and it was on sale - 40% off. I love those sales at Hobby Lobby. The birdhouse with the red roof usually sits on top of one of my kitchen cabinets and it was so dusty that I couldn't get the roof clean no matter what I tried . . .so I re-painted it. It was textured so I figured that a little dust would just add more texture :-) The white church usually sits in my office window and I borrowed the other birdhouse (with the wreath on the front door) from Mark's mom. I bought 14 yards (yes - that is not a typo - 14 yards is correct) of white tulle at Joann's . . .and I had a 40 or 50% off coupon - yay me!! I think it turned out quite nice. I don't have a picture with all of the platters and food on the table. They had all sorts of yummy goodies. Here is another view showing the pretty wood of our table. I love our dining room. It is one of my favorite rooms in the house. I love the window and all of the natural light. I love the paint color. I love our furniture. I love that it is big enough that I can cram 14 people around the table.

1 comment:

  1. That would be cute for a baby shower too. Just change the tulle to blue or pink. I saw a cake not long ago that had a bird's nest on top. The nest was cotton candy and the birds were from a craft store I think. It was really cute. I saved a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it I will send it to you.

    ReplyDelete