Sunday, June 2, 2024

It Is An Artsy Sunday Stealing Today!

I'm joining up with the folks at Sunday Stealing. I would love to hear your answers!!

1. If you like art, who is your favorite artist and why? I’ve always liked  Vincent van Gogh’s Starry Night and I like Impressionist paintings, especially those by Monet. I most love the artists in our family. We have artwork in our home painted by our niece, our sister-in-law, Mark’s sister, our daughter, and our granddaughters.

art by our niece

2. If you were able to learn any three skills or talents instantly and with success, what would they be? I would love to be able to sing beautifully and play the piano or guitar and speak at least one other language fluently.

3. If you were to live in Ancient Times, where - in what country - would you want to live in? I don’t think I would be that great at surviving in ancient times. Everywhere I think about . . .I pause and realize that it would be much harder. I love Ireland but there was the famine, among other things. I love Israel, but they have almost always been at war and fighting over land. I love the USA, but we had our own wars, among many other things, so I don't want to go back in time.

4. What is something you’re embarrassed to admit to liking? Whether it be a guilty pleasure show, or unusual hobby, etc. I can’t think of an answer for this one! I'm SURE I have some answers, but not at this moment.

5. What is the worst job you’ve ever had? I was telling someone about a boss on Friday at lunch. I worked for a very large world-wide company for 11 years when I was in my late teens and 20’s. I worked there until our twins were born in my late 20’s. One of my bosses was unbelievable. He would have these fits of anger and it often felt like someone had been through the office with a blow torch when he finished. I think I’ve told this story somewhere on my blog. He ripped brand new drapes off the wall of a brand new building. There were gaping holes in the wall because he ripped out the hardware, too. That day is seared on my brain forever. Thank God I wasn’t the person who picked those out and installed them! I worked for him for at least five years. He was having an affair with someone who was younger than I was.

6. What is something that you wanted to do as a child that you would still like to do now? I wanted to be an archeologist and that would have been a cool profession. Archeology would still be fun, but lots of hard work.

7. What do you hate being judged for more than anything else? I need to lose a few pounds and I hate feeling like someone is judging me because of my weight.

8. What is your life’s mission? Love God. Love people. All people.

9. If everyone walked around wearing warning labels, what would yours say? My labels might say “Danger-she can be volatile” or . . .”Beware of laughter.” I love to laugh!

10. At what age did you first feel like you were an adult? I have answered similar questions over the last few weeks. You can check it out here.

11. When did you not speak up, but wish you had? I cannot even begin to count the times. I used to speak up too often and now I don’t often speak up when I probably should.

12. What is something that makes your skin crawl? I guess the answer would be spiders and snakes. I don’t particularly like either. There are actually a few people in this world who make my skin crawl.

13. What was the last thing to give you butterflies in your stomach? My online community college classes are totally online. When I sit down at my computer to take my final, mid-term, or any of the quizzes a clock starts ticking down time the moment I click the begin button. Right before I click that button EVERY SINGLE TIME, I have butterflies in my stomach. I also get butterflies in my stomach right before I speak in front of a group, even though I've been doing that for many years.

14. What's your favorite type of media to work with? (Paint, clay, pens etc.) I may love paper the most. I enjoy using my Silhouette machine to cut paper and vinyl.

15. What question do you hate answering? Where did you go to college and what was your major? For all of these years, I’ve had to say something similar to this, “I took classes at Jeff State and UAB but I didn’t graduate.” The goal by May of 2025 is to be able to say that I earned my AA in General Studies at 66 years old (birthday coming soon) from Jefferson Sate Community College. I have to decide whether I’m going to pursue a BA at another college and I guess I have to make that decision by this time next year. I wish I could continue taking online classes at this school to get my BA, but of course, that isn’t an option.

 

6 comments:

  1. Can't you get your BA online at someplace like the University of Phoenix? I see ads for those schools all the time. I think it's great that you're going back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably can get it somewhere like that. I really wanted to get one from Auburn University because my husband, both kids, and daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece all graduated from Auburn. They don't offer online except for a few things - one is a master's in brewery science (which does sound interesting!). I have to come up with plan b.

      Delete
  2. You make a good point (#3). I'm far too fond of central air conditioning... and indoor toilets. So, did you ever learn what became of that volatile exec at your former workplace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, love air conditioning and indoor plumbing! Someone recently told me that he died! His wife and I exchanged Christmas cards for years until she died a few years ago. He was in town one time and reached out to me to see if I would meet him for drinks or dinner . . . but I didn't.

      Delete
  3. I wore this loose shirt and floppy hat and my choir director said I dressed like Vincent Van Gogh. Good luck with getting your degree. I started my Masters in Library Science at 37, fwiw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now picturing you as Vincent van Gogh!

      Delete