Saturday, June 8, 2024

Sunday Sunday! Sunday Stealing! (on Saturday!)

Thanks to Bev for the questions! I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing!!

1.  Are you afraid of the dark? I’m not usually afraid of the dark around my house, etc. If I were out in the wood by myself after dark . . .then I might be or if I found myself in a place that didn’t seem to feel safe, I might be afraid of the dark.

2.  Can you curl your tongue? I cannot but most of my family can!

3.  Can you wiggle your ears? I cannot and I don’t know anyone who can!

4.  Did you ever participate in a talent show? I don’t think I’ve ever been in a talent show. We used to pretend when we were kids and we played Miss America and we had a talent portion! That is such a silly memory! We used a picnic bench as the runway and the picnic table was the stage!

5.  Do you have any piercings or tattoos? My ears are pierced. I actually have two holes in each ear, but the upper set has grown closed. I keep thinking I’ll get those re-pierced. I don’t have any tattoos but I keep thinking about getting a small one.

6.  Do you prefer Mac or PC? I have always had a PC. I’ve heard that Mac is wonderful and I do love my phone and watch so I would probably love the Mac, too.

7.  Do you still have your wisdom teeth? I do not. I had them taken out when I was around 20. They actually put me in the hospital for at least one night – maybe two! I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of anyone else being in the hospital for wisdom teeth!

8.  Do you watch cartoons? I used to watch cartoons. I love Pink Panther and Wile E. Coyote. I liked the Tasmanian Devil, too.




9.  Have you ever been hospitalized? See answer to #7 above! I was also in the hospital when I had a C-section for our twins and I had a hysterectomy at 42. My surgery in 2022 was outpatient and back in 2014, I tore my hamstring and they just x-rayed me and checked me out and sent me home.

10. Have you had braces? I did not have braces. Mark had braces (before I knew him). Glenn had braces. Laura had braces beginning in 3rd grade. She wore them a long time and then they put them back on and then she had major jaw surgery on her 18th birthday.

11. Were you ever a Girl or Boy Scout? (Or a brownie) I was not. Mark was a Boy Scout just long enough to go on the Northern Tier trip. I assume he was a Cub Scout and then was a Boy Scout through age 14 or so. Laura was a Brownie for a couple of years and Glenn was a Cub Scout for a couple of years.

12. What is one food you refuse to eat? I don’t particularly like Salmon or Oysters.

13. What's the most expensive item of clothing that you own? I don’t really know – maybe my Easter dress from last year or my mother of the bride dress for Laura’s wedding.



14. What's your favorite foreign food? The versions I eat are Americanized so not sure that counts! I love Mexican food. I like Italian food, but Mark doesn’t. He loves very spicy food and he likes Thai food. He likes curries, too. Is that Indian food or still Thai? We both like Middle Eastern and Greek food. We enjoy Chinese food. Birmingham is a foodie city so we can get most any cuisine we want.

15. Who's your favorite fictional character? I love Grandma Mazur in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I love Fortune Redding, Ida Belle, and Gertie in the Swamp series by Jana DeLeon. All of those characters I mentioned make me laugh out loud!

6 comments:

  1. My sisters, a neighbor and I used to pretend to be the Beatles and would charge the neighbor kids two cents to watch us lipsync to the songs from Beatles VI. (I was John)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never charged for our Miss America contests. I'm imagining you as John! What fun!

      Delete
  2. #8. I love tjhose cartoons.

    #12. I love salmon but I hate oysters. They are utterly revolting and I will never have one again.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eaten exactly ONE raw oyster in my life. That was enough. Actually, that is the only oyster I've ever eaten.

      Delete
  3. my friends and I used to pretend to be the Partridge Family (made me think of that when I saw your answer about playing Miss America hahaha). I've never heard of someone going to the hospital for their wisdom teeth!
    I LOVE salmon grilled but refuse to even try oysters much to my husband's disgust. hahahah. I did try squid before. NEVER again.
    Loved your answers and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squid sounds "chewy." I don't think I would like it either!! I remember having posters of the Partridge family. I don't think I've ever met anyone else who was admitted to the hospital to have wisdom teeth removed. I've been thinking about it since Saturday and I think I stayed two nights!!

      Delete