Saturday, July 21, 2018

Weekend Projects

I have a tendency to do multiple things at a time. Why? I have no idea. One of the things I've had to work on is to COMPLETE each project! Today has been one of those days!
I've had "clean out closet" on my to-do list for a couple of weeks.
Yesterday, I took everything out of the closet. I'm actually too embarrassed to show you EVERYTHING that was crammed into this closet.
Once it was empty, Mark vacuumed the floor and baseboard for me so I truly had a clean slate!
The closet sat empty until this afternoon. I did laundry, ran some errands, went to Home Depot for some crates and a small shelf and sprayed a coat of paint on a bench (see below).



Everything now has a place and we took a load of coats and stuff to the Salvation Army. This is a "junk" closet - there are coats on the bottom left, wrapping paper in the middle, blankets, tablecloths, extra sheets, etc. in this closet!


We've had this little red bench at the foot of our bed for a couple of years. I bought a new duvet cover from Pottery Barn last week and the red just doesn't add to the room.


The paint is Chiffon Cream. I painted two coats and you can still see the red in a few spots so I've got to buy some more paint.


I need another hobby, too, right? I've always wanted to be able to write fancy letters. I thought about taking a calligraphy class but decided to start off learning about lettering styles. I read a book this weekend, too.

I have a tendency to do a little of one thing and then do a little of something else and then go back and finish the first thing. Anyone else do things like this? Jump from one thing to another?



In between projects, I put together the little wire rack/shelf that is now in the bottom of that closet. While I was doing my projects, Mark was busy with projects, too - from cutting the grass to putting out new bark chips around the plants.

What kind of projects do you do on the weekend?

p.s. The next two things have NOTHING to do with projects but I have to throw these pics in -- Vacation Bible School happened this week. We had record numbers of children and I loved the theme - Shipwrecked!
I just so happen to work for the most fun man . . .a senior pastor by day who turns into the friendly pastor pirate Brian during VBS.




Last but not least, we tried a new cheese on Friday night - it has blueberries in it! We were in Whole Foods and started talking to the cheese guy and ended up buying a tiny piece of cheese for $10! It is delicious and it is so rich!





No comments:

Post a Comment