Friday, July 27, 2018

Take Me Out to the Ballgame . . ..

If you have been reading my blog for long or if you actually know me, you know that we host a group of young professionals in our house on Tuesday nights. This past Tuesday, Mark's banker had asked if Mark would like to use the bank's box at the Baron's baseball game . . .and we offered it to our young professionals. We had a full house and had so much fun!

We were in a third floor box with a great view of the field.




I should have taken several pictures of the group so that I would have had a picture that was good of every single person . . .but for some reason, I only took these two.



It was a perfect night for baseball - it is July in the deep south and it is usually miserably hot outside but on this night, there was a breeze blowing and it was pleasant to be outside!


The Barons have two mascots - Babe Ruff and Lillie Mays - I'm sorry I didn't ask them if I could have my picture taken with them. I promise that I'm a grown up MOST of the time but there is just something about mascots (my favorite all time mascot crush is Aubie!!). I read an article yesterday that said it is at least 30 degrees hotter in those mascot suits . . .so if it is 100 outside, it would be 130 inside - bless those mascots! I'm sweating just thinking about it!


We had so much fun - we had grilled chicken and burgers and all of the toppings like lettuce and tomato and cheese and BACON. We had French fries and onion rings and popcorn and peanuts and pretzels and chips and dip and we had a refrigerator full of refreshing beverages. Mark's banker, Patrick, was the perfect host!


No comments:

Post a Comment