Yesterday was Wednesday . .. which means hodgepodge (thanks Joyce!) and I fell asleep before blogging last night. I'm going to answer the questions anyway!
Before I do that, I must apologize - blogger no longer sends me emails when someone comments on my blog and since I don't check my blog every day . . .I don't always realize that someone has commented. Also, it seems to me that I should be able to comment directly to each comment but for the life of me, I can't figure it out! If you've visited and I haven't acknowledged your comment, I am so sorry! I will try to visit everyone's blog and leave a comment!!
Now to the questions.
1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
I'm going totally simple on this answer - of course, you can have both! Just thinking of a "security system" in a home . . .there is still freedom! I can't wait to read all of the deep answers because at this point in the morning, I don't have any deep thoughts!
2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
I've never visited the statue of Liberty (nor have I been to New York!) and I would really like to go there. I just googled top ten historic US places and Yosemite is on that list. We have several friends who have just returned from Yosemite and listening to their stories makes me want to visit. Our young friend who just returned applied through the lottery system and received a ticket to climb this . . . and she did! This picture doesn't do justice for the STRAIGHT up climb. She said that you pretty much have to pull yourself up with upper body strength. Her pictures and other pictures on the internet show how steep the climb is. Needless to say, I would like to go to Yosemite but I have serious doubts about climbing this!
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
Free reign - queen of my household - hahahahahaha!
4. Something in your frig that's red? Watermelon!! Also, I meal prep on Sunday afternoons and a lot of the lids to my containers are red
Something in your house that's white? All of the molding and doors and the tile backsplash right in front of me Something in your view that's blue? a stack of napkins left over from Tuesday night!
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? no (actually, I have flown into and out of Newark - isn't Newark in New Jersey?) If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? maybe? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? no Do you like to play Monopoly? I used to play but haven't played in years Salt water taffy-yay or nay? ok - neither yay nor nay How do you feel about shopping
at the mall? I do most of my shopping on line Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one. Springsteen
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day. Are they all "from" the state of New Jersey? I've heard there are some nice beaches there but we compare everything to the white sands and blue water of our gulf coast.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
If you are my friend on facebook, you've already seen this picture but my brother-in-law, Bill, who suffers from Parkinson's and has the best attitude of anyone you have ever seen . . .is riding his "bike" to raise money for cancer. We are so impressed with what he is doing - physically pushing himself to be stronger and live a better life all while doing something for someone else!