Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Summertime Summertime Sum Sum Summertime Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.
Spend lots of time at the neighborhood pool - I've been changing into my bathing suit in the bathroom at work and going straight to the pool . . .what an awesome way to unwind! I get in and exercise for about 20 minutes and then dry off a tad before heading home to prepare supper and ride the bike.



Go zip lining - maybe I should wait until this fall when it cools off??

Stay cool!

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?
Summers were almost magical when I was a kid. We would roam all around the neighborhood and play all day. We would stage elaborate Miss America contests - one time we were setting up the runway (the picnic benches end to end and the table was the stage - I kid you not!) and we dropped the picnic bench on my toe . . .and broke my toe! We played kickball ALL the time - I loved kickball!!

3. Rootop or backyard? Why?
Both!! We don't actually have a backyard but we have a courtyard and I love sitting outside - I just realized that both of these pictures are of my feet!!


This is not actually "rooftop" but it is our top floor porch. We love sitting up here either in the early mornings or early evenings. The two ceiling fans make it almost pleasant.


This is the view from the middle of the porch.



4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?
Yes, I almost always read the labels and I think they are important. I'm very aware of the sugar and I always like to see how much protein and fiber. I ALWAYS check the labels on seafood - we are very particular about where our seafood was caught.

5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?
My most listened to playlist has a couple of songs by Imagine Dragons - I know those aren't really "summer" songs but I have songs by Pink, Imagine Dragons, Katy Perry, Mandisa . . .and I'm embarrassed to tell you that "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) by Beyoncé is also on my most listened to playlist! I like all sorts of music!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I celebrated a BIG birthday last week and my sweet hubby surprised me by inviting friends to meet us at a local restaurant. This restaurant is in a former bank building and he reserved "the Vault" for our party.


My co-workers surprised me with balloons and a fruit basket and diet pepsis and all sorts of other goodies. I felt loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment