Thursday, May 17, 2018

Mother's Day weekend 2018

I love reading everyone's posts about time with their mothers. Y'all - if your mama is still alive, pick up the phone and call her today. I know today is not Mother's Day - just do it anyway!

So our weekend was fairly low key.

We went to our supper club on Friday night and enjoyed wonderful food and even better conversation. I love how our conversation can flow from the building progress/capital campaign at church to our grandkids to bird dogs/and/or poodles with ailments all within a couple of hours.


On Saturday night, Mark took sister and me (yes - he took me . .  I wouldn't say, "Mark took I" - one of my pet peeves and so thankful for honors English way back in Ms. Studdard's class) -- oops! Sorry about chasing that rabbit. Back to the story . . .Mark took sister and me to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner - my choice. Good thing sister loves Mexican, too! I choose my favorite Mexican restaurants by the salsa and the margaritas and this one has yummy salsa and ice cold and tasty margaritas!)


This is the blurriest picture ever but as Mark was paying the bill, I noticed this sign behind the register. It says, "Person in charge" and under that is written "Jesus."  It was really Hay Soos but I was actually stopped dead in my tracks by the sign - Jesus is in charge!


My main Mother's Day gift was a pottery barn honey wicker ottoman to go with the two new pottery barn chairs we purchased (for our anniversary). We have four of these same chairs on our upstairs front porch and they are so comfortable. We use our screen porch much more often so we decided we needed comfortable chairs for that porch, too. We convinced ourselves to order one more chair -- did that today!! If you are interested in the chair, check it out here and the ottoman is here.

We gathered at a local Chinese restaurant on Sunday after church. Mr. Chen's was my mother-in-law's choice for lunch and she didn't want take outs . . . she wanted to go TO the restaurant.  Our sweet daughter wasn't with us this year because she was cooking lunch for her mother-in-law to be!

My handsome son was sitting by his grandmother.


Y'all - my mother-in-law is amazing. I don't tell her often enough. If I told you how old she is, you wouldn't believe me!!


Here she is between two of her four grandsons -- the youngest grandson on her left and the oldest grandson on her right. The youngest grandchild of all is a granddaughter and I thought she was in this picture to the left of Thomas but my eyes are getting old. Our daughter is the oldest grandchild -- by one minute!! There are two other grand boys who were hopefully with their mom!!


Speaking of grandchildren -- here is the sweet daughter-in-law who gave us our first grandchild. We love daughter-in-law and sweet grandbaby, too!! Tiny Tiger is so stinkin' cute! She is a typical two year old - in constant motion, laughing one minute and pitching a fit the next. We are all strong willed and she gets that equally from all sides of the family. She chomped down on some Chinese food (rice and chicken and even a piece of carrot from my plate). We love our family so much!!


Mark was a good husband and brother-in-law. Since Sister is staying with us through the wedding, he bought her a mother's day card and small gift, too! Wasn't that thoughtful??

1 comment:

  1. I love Grammar! The improper use of subjective and objective pronouns always bugs me, just like it does you. So, too, improper use of past participle forms (have went, ugh....it should be have gone).

    It's wonderful that your sister could make it to town for the wedding. I'm sure your daughter appreciates her aunt's presence.

    Such an exciting time for your family. Can't wait to see photos of the big day.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete