Thank you to Joyce over at From this Side of the Pond for writing these questions every week! Copy and paste the questions to your blog, answer, and link up -- or feel free to answer the questions in the comments or on my facebook page!
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
Rubrum lilies! We married in May of 1984 and I carried Rubrum lilies! Today, those same lilies would probably send me into a major allergy attack!! They are so prettybut deadly to me!!
|photo from Scully and Scully|
2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
I work in a church . . .so most of the phone calls I answer are helping someone in some way or another. On Monday, I had a long chat with a mother of a young adult. I think I helped her. Just this morning, a woman called the church and asked if there is going to be a "big band" playing in the park near our church on Sunday and she needed directions to the park . . .I kid you not . . .yes, I did help her, too.
3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
I love Salsa. I judge a Mexican restaurant by the salsa and by the margaritas! I don't like my salsa too spicy. I tend to buy mild Pace!! I have salsa in my lunch today and I'm having salsa for supper tonight - guess I like salsa! As a matter of fact, I have three small containers of salsa in my lunch!
4. When I was twelve years old...
oh goodness . . .I can just barely remember 12 years old so I googled it! The first Mustang was made when I was 12. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize that same year! A ticket to the movie theater was $1.25 and I actually remember paying that. According to one website, gasoline was $.30 a gallon - I wasn't driving so I do not remember that! Billy Graham came to our town during that same year and the services were open to all races - which was a big deal back then. Our church took a group to the stadium where Billy Graham was and in one of the recent videos that was shown when Billy Graham died, you can see one of the deacons from our home church.
5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently? Just this morning, I walked at "first light." I'm also in the "first things first" mode right now -- daughter's wedding is two weeks and two days away!