Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Three Little Words



Three small but powerful words - I love you!  When was the last time you said "I love you" to anyone?  When was the last time someone said those words to you?  I've been thinking of all the times I say those words . . .including as I leave the house each morning and say to the cat, "Harvey - love you buddy - see you after work!" 


I say it to Mark and the kids every time we end a phone conversation.  I say those words to Mark at least once a day - in person - usually two or three times.  I say those three little words to this cute peanut as often as I can.  I'm pretty sure that I had whispered those words into her ear several times at this point!


I say those words "I love you" to my friends - and should say them even more often.  I find it interesting that I love so freely and can say those word easily.  But I only say them if I mean them.  I don't say those words to everyone yet Jesus told us to love one another . . .but I'm not always sure I do love everyone.  I should!  I know that.  The verse even starts with "a new command I give you" - a command to love one another as Jesus loves us.

In this month of hearts and flowers, whom do you love?  Do you say it freely and often?  Do you love just a chosen few?


No comments:

Post a Comment