Thursday, February 9, 2017

Baskets of Burdens


This morning (and yesterday), I could tell that one of my co-workers was struggling.  I ask the person if they were ok and my friend shared a few burdens with me.  My friend is tired and weary.

Another friend lost her mother this week . . .just 10 months after losing her father.  She has been caregiver and she is tired.  She has been carrying a heavy burden.

We are surrounded by death and dying; we are surrounded by new diagnosis; we are surrounded by infidelity and divorce; we are surrounded by hurting people - all the time.  Look around.  Yes, I know there is much joy and there is laughter and goodness.  I know there is sunshine and blue sky.  Positivity is my number one strength so I am always looking for the good BUT  I also know there is much hurt all around me.

My friend, Julie, posted the above picture and scripture on facebook this morning.  I borrowed it (thanks, Julie!).  I told my friend about Julie's picture and scripture this morning as we were talking  sharing about the burdens.  I said, "wouldn't it be cool if I could actually bring a basket into your office and you could put some of the burdens in the basket and I could take them back to my office for a while . . .so you could rest?"

As Christians, we are indeed called to carry each other's burdens.  It is hard.  They are heavy.  We are called.  Whose load will you lighten today?

No comments:

Post a Comment